Best Water Cooling System???

icehokplyr

Limp Gawd
What is the best water cooling system out there today? I heard it is better to build your own. I'm just curious so I can install one on my system. Thanks in advance.

Depends on what you want...Best performance or easiest set-up?

Also, how comfortable are you modding or doing anything else of the sort. I have seen Koolance products in action and must say they are extremely easy to configure and perform pretty well.

I for one wanted a challenge so just jumped right into picking my own set-up. Parts are currently on order and I can't wait to get started. Everyone is different in that respect as I may have gone for a complete kit had I not been researching this for about 2 years now.

It would be a good idea to do some reading here and other places like procooling to see how deep you want to go. If you decide to go with a complete kit, there are plenty of reviews out there on today's most popular products. If you are after more of a challenge, then I would say check out Danger Den and Swiftech as those seem pretty popular vendors.

Thanks for your reply. I want something that will perform well. Performance is more important to me but I also am very anal about how things look in my system. I love a neat appearance. I'm not so worried about modding. I can do it. What's the worst that can happen? I buy a new case? Please say yes? ;)
I will do some research and look into it. I do like a challenge myself so I know what you mean. But two years? My wife could kill me by then :D .
I'll look into what you suggested. Thanks again.

Well you don't have to wait 2 years like I did. One thing or another just kept getting in the way of W/C for me. Another good idea is to look at the Pimp your w/c rig posts and see what others have done. Might give you some great ideas.

Do you think a full size case would be okay or would I still have to drill and Mod it?
I'm really getting into cooling my machine down lately. It's a good thing I guess. I would imagine a full size and wider case would be good. What do you think?

Case size depends on you. I bought a Lian Li pC75 for the sheer size of the thing and have had 3 PC upgrades in it already. Many other people have come up with interesting ways of integrating water into even the smallest cases like Shuttles.

You could buy a complete solution like a Koolance case with w/c already built in if thats what you wanted.

To me, I think that 'best' breaks down into noise vs performance. Either you can have a silent pc or a very good performing pc or some degree in between.

Roughy:

Performance- 1/2 tubing, high flow gpu block, cpu block, heater core or huge radiator, 2 good pumps(like Danger Den v12)

Silence- 3/8 tubing, low flow gpu/cpu/nb block(maybe even a hdd cooler), big radiator, Eheim 1046 or 1048 pump

So, as a beginner to water cooling, what is the first thing I'll need to do? I have a mid size case and don't mind modding.

icehokplyr said:
So, as a beginner to water cooling, what is the first thing I'll need to do? I have a mid size case and don't mind modding.

Read this first.

Then read this.

Then decide if you want an internal vs external system. Decide how much performance vs noise you want. Then decide what you can afford. Then come back. Not trying to be an ass, but you're question is too general.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I know I want an internal system. I'll go and read up a bit from your links now. Thanks again.

Back