Best Water cooling kit for a beginner?

jonesad

Limp Gawd
Hello,
I would like to watercool the system in my sig. I am thinking that the best way for me to start is with a kit that I can use. I would definitley like to watercool my CPU (socket 939) and my GPU (7800 GTX by XFX, oc'd out of the box @ 490Mhz).

If you could give me some recommendations (and maybe links), that would be GREAT.

THanks!
Andrew

I would go for a danger den kit. You can get a maze 4 power kit (or something like that) for less than $200, and it works very well.

The Kingwin is the older version of the kit. If you want that kit, go with the AWC-202. In either case, the GPU block will not fit the new 7800GT or GTX.

if you are gonna do W/Cing do it right. Do not get a kit that cost 100$ when you can get a 60$ Heatsink and match it.

I just got this setup and its working wonders

Dtek MP-05Pro WaterBlock
Dtek MP-01 GPU block(7800 block ready to go out of the box)
Single chevey Core W/ Shroud 120mm
and Find a cheap Via Aqua 1300. Right now thats my setup. can post some pics soon. Just add some clearflex 1/2" tubbing and a T-Line for res and bam High preformace.

Just get the swiftech apex kit if you want awesome performance, for good performance at a bit less money but still easy to set up get the h20-120 by swiftech or the Corsair Cool (same thing as h20-120).

Buying individual parts would probably be a pain if you havent done it before. The APEX kit has the best waterblock you can get, the best pump, best diameter tube, awesome 2x120mm radiator and comes with a clear manual and all the parts you need. Just buy it and be happy.

The h20-120/cool are also very good, having a high-qual 1x120mm radiator, very good waterblock, good/quiet pump thats also quite powerful.

But yer, buy a Swiftech APEX kit and youll thank yourself later.

AlexStenka said:
I bet it would......don't see why not water is better then any air imo
kinda hard to try to cool a 7800gtx and ur cpu esp. wen it doesnt come with a gpu block :rolleyes:

I have a WC setup im selling(Danger Den TDX, Eheim1250, plus more), all in like new condition. PM me if interested.

The Zalman kit works fine except it doesn't do much better than the top tier HSF cooling solutions. The Zalman doesn't use fans and can of course keeps things cool enough if you added active cooling like a fan or on or under an a/c duct :). The Zalman is dead sexy and it would match my black lian li case I thought it about myself. The Zalman I think is best for noise reduction or a space limited and noise limited HTPC solution.

Anyways the Swiftech gets good reviews if you want better than top tier air cooling I would probably look at that instead.

Back