Best water cooling case?

thesixth

Gawd
What cases do you guys recommend for a WC build?

Im thinking something along the lines of a full tower as I like to have plenty of space inside the case.

I'll check out some NZXT cases, I do want something that is fully self contained, no mountin rads outside the case and running tubes through the back.

TJ07. You can fit a 480 + 240 rad down below and another 240 (or 360 if u mod) rad up top.

Some all-time favorites from other manufacturers (never had the luxury of using them first-hand)...
Lian Li -> PC-V2010B (last I remember, discontinued, there was another version with inverted board that was slightly better IIRC)
Silverstone -> TJ-07
Corsair -> 800D
Cooler Master -> HAF-X
LittleDevil cases too...feel like I'm forgetting a bunch more but that's just a few off the top.

Mountain Mods cases deserve to be mentioned. And I know you won't buy one but I will say this:
What got me into the hobby in the first place. My first cases were all MMs...had no intentions of WC'ing initially, mostly bought the UFO because I liked the "cube" look and wc'ing was an afterthought!
A U2-UFO or Ascension will be plenty for many builds, or if you want a "tower" then a Pinnacle. Super easy to wc in for first timers. All your fan holes are done. Just get your screws and mount your fans and rads. May not look as pretty as some others but gets the job. They're not cheap unfortunately.

How does the Corsair stack up against the Silverstone? I really like the lines on the Corsair case.

800D is pretty cool, lots and lots of room and it's very clean. You can get a 360 up top and I've seen someone manage a 360 on the bottom by taking out the HDD cage (idk how, I know you can definitely get a 240 down there though). If you wanted, you could mount a single rad on the back, and one on the bottom where the 140mm fan is and pull off 360+240 with no modding.

Lots and lots of options. I've currently a 360 up top in my 800D and another 360 hanging off the back but I'm going to change it up because I don't like having an external solution - the case is big enough as is.

It's a really good choice, and if you look at the local 800D thread in the WC section you will see a lot of 800D's and many of the infinitely different options there are for configuration. You can definitely find something to suit you if you don't have any ideas!

Full tower? Self contained?

The cooler master HAF 932 or HAF X definitely does the job. Although some don't find it's aesthetics too pleasing. I myself mounted a triple rad up top and an XSPC single bay res in the 2nd drive slot with a fan controller in the first. Everything fits so perfectly. Cable management is pretty decent too.

If you can afford it, go with the Corsair 800D, amazing case. Would've bought one if I wasn't so impatient.

http://www.overclock.net/cases/869876-fs-littledevils-watercooling-pc-case-ld.html

http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/829595-littledevil-pc-v8-watercooling-cases-pics.html

8.JPG

the only thing that wrecks that case for me is the side cutouts in the top pic, the rest of the pic's they look fine.

For the money the HAF 932 is hard to beat. You can fit a triple in the top with no mods, and great cooling for SLI if your not going to water cool your cards.

Back