• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best USB Soundcard?

bass_ec

Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
884
I'm looking for a good USB soundcard as onboard audio just doesnt cut it for TeamSpeak + Battlefield 2. So, I'm looking for a nice USB soundcard. What would you guys recommend? I saw that Turtle Beach has a REALLY small USB soundcard the size of a microdrive which would be really nice, but is it any good? What about the SoundBlaster USB beast of a soundcard? Is it necessary if all I want to do is listen through headphones and occasionally nice speakers?
 
I have that TB Audio Advantage and I use it almost every day at work with my headphones. Its miles better than the crappy Soundmax onboard system. I didn't even install the drivers for it - just plugged it in and started using it.

Besides the improved sound, the best part for me is that it was cheap, and didn't require me to open the case and install hardware, which is frowned upon at work.


edit: I never used the "virtual 5.1" functions though...
 
I think I'll spend the extra money...as I might possibly need to do recording in the future, so Mic-In and Line-in stuff would be very important. Looking at the Creative Products, as they are the most full fleshed out as far as features that I'm looking for.
 
Back
Top