best tv tuner card?

cruz610

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a card that will accept input from both TV and video [regular, and s-vid if possible] and I am wondering what everyone thinks the best card that does this is :)

i have the Leadtek and it is prolly the best ur gonna find for a while, unless you want a Radeon AIW...

Dont Ggo hauppage, I got one, and I like it but its not the best quality, though I thought it was oh well TV on the computer is great

if you're planning on doing any encoding (i.e. PVR/Tivo kind of stuff), the hauppauge pvr-250 is your best bet since it has hardware mpeg-2 encoding.

otherwise, you might want to check out the leadtek tv2000 expert (not deluxe). the expert is a new version with a 10-bit chip vs. the deluxe's 8-bit so image quality is supposed to be better. also, the new ati tv wonder pro has a 10-bit chip.

one thing is that since these 10-bit chips are new, you might have trouble getting them to work with dscaler. you definitely won't be able to get them working well in linux.

Originally posted by kalvnhobbz
if you're planning on doing any encoding (i.e. PVR/Tivo kind of stuff), the hauppauge pvr-250 is your best bet since it has hardware mpeg-2 encoding.

otherwise, you might want to check out the leadtek tv2000 expert (not deluxe). the expert is a new version with a 10-bit chip vs. the deluxe's 8-bit so image quality is supposed to be better. also, the new ati tv wonder pro has a 10-bit chip.

one thing is that since these 10-bit chips are new, you might have trouble getting them to work with dscaler. you definitely won't be able to get them working well in linux.

I concur. Objectively the best advice given...imho

Back