• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best time for a complete overhaul?

rush24t3

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
2,540
My current rig is quite uber, but I'm yet another one of those "must-have-bleeding-edge" consumers who is fortunate enough to be able and dive in without much financial worry, so when do you think the "true" Prescotts, mobos, DDR2, PCI-E cards will ALL be available for simultaneous purchase? I'm thinking September-October would be a good general timeframe, but I haven't been keeping up like I used to. I hate piecemealing a system.

Luckily, things like cases, power supplies (True550, yo), the CD/DVD burners and Raptors I have don't need replacing. Otherwise, it's overtime-time-time...
 
I would wait till November-December to upgrade or early spring of next year. Until then i would just upgrade other stuff like video card, audio card, speakers, monitor, PSU, case, optical drives, and stuff like that. Except for the video card the rest will last quite a while without needing to be upgraded again.

I have a 3.0c and Gigabyte 8KNXP rev 2.0 at the moment and i dont plan to upgrade those two things again till next year some time. I've got a nVidia 5900XT right now though and plan to upgrade my video card in the next month or two hopefully.
 
Ask again in 2 months, seriously, any decisions made now will likely change.

PCI-E isn't anything to get excited about (yet), AGP cards are not even pushing 8x limits (yet). Look at the new ATI card, the specs are identical for the AGP version...

DDR2, is a wait and see game, still...
 
I figured as much...

I think I'll just go with a monstrous LCD (21") and wait until much later. Still, I've been known to forego everything I say and buy the stuff anyway. :D

Thanks for the replies.
 
Back
Top