Best thermal paste for MSI GS66 cpu and gpu?

Dracarys

Weaksauce
My GS66 is in the mail and I want to have it repasted. I've read that Liquid Metal Conductonaut can sometimes be bad for copper, and should only be applied to nickel, and it needs to be re-applied every 6 months to a yearr. Is it better to just go with some regular, higher quality paste like Kryonaut?

Also, do you recommend better thermal pads for the NVMe's?

Thanks!

The Mad Atheist

[H]ard|Gawd
Think the best I tried was Attic Silver 5 a decade plus ago on my q6600.
I don't think I want to try liquid metal, I tend to hang onto tech awhile.

Not sure if Hardocp still have their paste comparison up still.

daglesj

Supreme [H]ardness
I was very impressed with the Thermal Grizzly paste (not the liquid metal stuff) recently as I was unconvinced it could beat my usual go to MX-4 paste. But low and behold it did make a measurable difference. Worth a try. If not MX-4 is a good robust option that's most likely much better than the standard installed goop.

CyberJunk

2[H]4U
thermal grizzly is good. also depending on your laptop's heatsink tolerances "Gelid"GC-Extreme could be good also for laptops and video cards. It's a lower viscosity than thermal grizzly so it spreads more easily.

Hakaba

Gawd
Maybe... Grab some Fuji Poly extreme pads and replace other thermal pads. Also, I would avoid liquid metal, unless you have done it before. Copper and LM, if I remember it will stain but thermal performance should relatively be unaffected.