Best technology for viewing vertically

rawilliam

n00b
Joined
Jun 24, 2010
Messages
4
I am looking to purchase a couple of 27" or 30" monitors that I would like to mount vertically. (Yes, it really is the best arrangement for the work that I do). Which is the best panel technology for viewing monitors vertically mounted (knowing that the designers probably expect the viewer to be looking at the monitor horizontally mounted).
 
S-IPS or H-IPS. eIPS panels can have too much bloom for multimon configs, unless it doesn't bother you.
 
PVA should be as good as IPS for vertical viewing. TN panels are the ones you must avoid. I don't think there are any 30" TN panels, but all of the cheap 27" panels are TN.
 
...one of the reasons some professional digital signage displays are so much more expensive than ordinary HDTVs, apart from the better electronics to withstand long hours and ventilation systems, is that they are supposed to be optimized for vertical positioning.
Usually monitors CCFL back-lights are not made to be positioned vertically. And after some time their uniformity issues are pronounced. It has to do with gravity.
 
Back
Top