Max-Powers

Gawd
There is no tablet forum.?
I am looking for a tablet with the following things
pen and multi touch input
blue tooth
speakers
decent viewing angle

The iPad is just so expensive and has more horse power than what I need.
I will use it for internet, lounging, typing (with blue tooth keyboard), and referencing documents. That is about it.
What else out there has blue tooth and pen input?

......if you need a pen input....you rlooking at a windows tablet, which is more than an iPad .... and way more horse power, any "good" pen input is going to need a digitizer, no tablet as your thinking of offers that, you can get pens that work, but not so well....

What Feather said is correct, it sounds like a Windows slate is what you want as Windows has by far the best pen capabilities of any OS but they also the most expensive. The best Windows prosumer slates on the market are the Asus EP121 and the upcoming Samsung Series 7, but those are both well over $1000 new.

So If I forget about the pen input, and concentrate on the basics like wi-fi, Bluetooth, speakers and such, then what would be my best bet? I am looking for something about 7 inches that has enough 3rd party hardware to give me options of docks and cases with Bluetooth keyboards.
I would love the kendle fire, but It has no bluetooth. That is just a deal breaker for me because bluetooth is so versatile.

Last edited:
Hp TouchPad

Great multi task, great speakers and clarity.

1.2Ghz Dual Core SnapDragon / 1GB DDR2 / 16GB or 32GB HDD

First decide on size - basically 10" or 7". Head over to Staples or Best Buy and take a look. The best tablets out there today - all around $400 and similar specs. They have the same processor - two cores and vary by the type of memory - SD or Micro SD, USB port built into tablet, USB full size or micro USB...

Leading (popular) Android tablets - should run Android 3.1 / 3.2
Asus Transformer
Acer Iconia Tab a500
Toshiba Thrive
Samsung
Motorola Xoom (screen could be better)
Sony tablet ($$$) - just came out

Many of these tablet go on sale for $350 or even $300, so if you're patient you can get a good deal. There's also the Amazon Fire - but that's a whole other topic!

There are lower cost tablets such as Viewsonic G Tab or Archos. They will require some work to function how you want.

One more thing -- the HTC Flyer comes with a pen! 7" but you may want to check it out.

i'd like to get a tablet too... which one would be the best with 12-14.5 inch screen? intel dualcore, etc?

ah yes, keyboard is a must. those two r the best then?
p.s. i bet ipad5 will have a keyboard too :p

Yes, those two would be the front runners, I own the 2740p which is the prior version of the 2760p, it is a great machine.....Dell does have an alternative, but last I knew they had not updated (have not looked at the XT2 for quite a while).....but ya, of the two the x220t is probably the best, choice mainly since HP is getting rid of their PC buisness

ah yes, keyboard is a must. those two r the best then?
p.s. i bet ipad5 will have a keyboard too :p

k, those are quite nicely priced :p
any other stuff with 3g, wifi and something else, which i cant remember anymore? x.x

The Samsung Series 7 is the Windows tablet to get now, it's available for pre-order on Amazon ranging from $1090 to $1350 SB i5 based. Got one on pre-order at Amazon but there's a lot of confusion about if the $1350 model comer with the keyboard and dock.

The Microsoft Store has the same specked model for $1300 but most are thinking that the Amazon model at $50 comes with some kind of accessories.

ok thanks, but now i think i really need a samsung galaxy note..
laptops getting a bit too annoying these days...

Back