• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best system for $100?

EtherealConstruct

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
216
Looking for an audio setup under 100- I listen to everything from electronic to classical, and I like my music with palpable bass, but not oversaturated. I game and watch movies more than listen to music however.
 
Get some good cans (headphones) or earbuds. You're not going to find any decent speakers for under $100. The decent stuff starts out around $120-$150.
 
Hi All

I agree with Jmacker on this, get some nice Stereo Headphones You'll be surprised at how good all of your audio will sound.
 
Also consider the Klipsch 2.1s. A little above your budget but the bass will be much more satisfying than a 2.0 set. The Klipsch will sound much better for music than Logitech, and will provide ample bass for games and movies...I just think 2.0 sets are lacking in that regard, especially around this price range.
 
Thanks guys, so if hypothetically I set my budget in the $150 range, I'd have a lot better better options for speakers? For around $120 shipped I could do a TheSpeakerCompany 8" Woofer and bookshelf speaker combo, how's that? For high quality headphones around $100, I have found Ultrasone HFI-780s, comments on those? Thanks.
 
Also consider the Klipsch 2.1s. A little above your budget but the bass will be much more satisfying than a 2.0 set. The Klipsch will sound much better for music than Logitech, and will provide ample bass for games and movies...I just think 2.0 sets are lacking in that regard, especially around this price range.

Ehhh the sub in the 2.1 set sound just as crappy/muddy/boomy as the logitech ones. I had two pairs of Klipsch 2.1 Promedia since they were both $60 a pop, but ended up ebaying them both.
 
There is also the vintage route that you should explore. It isn't hard to find an incredible pair of speakers for dirt cheap on craigslist or ebay. You will be surprised what 30 year old equipment can do.

If that isn't the case, definitely look into a good pair of headphones. A good pair from Beyerdynamic, Denon, or Sennheiser can blow you away, even using a source as simple as your ipod.
 
Ehhh the sub in the 2.1 set sound just as crappy/muddy/boomy as the logitech ones. I had two pairs of Klipsch 2.1 Promedia since they were both $60 a pop, but ended up ebaying them both.

LOL, I didn't find that to be true at all. I own two pairs of 2.1s as well, and previously had the Z-680s. There is no comparison; the Logitech sub was much more boomy and sloppy. The Klipsch sub can be boomy if you crank up the sub level, but at the recommended setting it's not bad at all. Obviously it won't compare to a $400 sub, but it's not supposed to...
 
Back
Top