Best System?

• Dreamcast

Votes: 33 27.5%
  • N64

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 63 52.5%

• Total voters
hmmm, was going to put just dreamcast but then I figured you guys would cry. DC WINS BY DEFAULT IMO.

Three systems? There were a bunch more than that.

I would have to say SNES though. I love my SNES.

uhm, only 4 options allowed. Anyways guess I should have made the 4th option other, but the point of this thread is for me to say how kick ass the dc was and how I hate sony because they killed the dc.

sabrewolf732 said:
uhm, only 4 options allowed. Anyways guess I should have made the 4th option other, but the point of this thread is for me to say how kick ass the dc was and how I hate sony because they killed the dc.
The dreamcast was killed my Sega's inept marketing department and how pissed off people were with the transisiton from the 32x to the Saturn.

The PS2 hype had something to do with it, but it was mostly Sega's fault.

before i got the ps3, me and my brother beasted on the dreamcast every single day, on blitz 2001, we got in atleast 5 games a day i think i mastered that game ha....dreamcast most def

lithium726 said:
The dreamcast was killed my Sega's inept marketing department and how pissed off people were with the transisiton from the 32x to the Saturn.

The PS2 hype had something to do with it, but it was mostly Sega's fault.

Ignore List

JK <3. But seriously.

sabrewolf732 said:
Ignore List

JK <3. But seriously.
LOL, no ignore list!

I boycotted the PS2 for a while 'cause I loved my DC (my friends did it with me :p). I still have it, and still play it. PowerStone FTMFW!

I didn't even own an SNES but I too believe it was the best there was. Super Mario, Zelda: Link to the Past, etc...tons of games that are all classics to the maximus!

lithium726 said:
LOL, no ignore list!

I boycotted the PS2 for a while 'cause I loved my DC (my friends did it with me :p). I still have it, and still play it. PowerStone FTMFW!

I did too, but then SegaNet went offline and I was sad.
Then GT3 cameout. Then MGS2. *sigh* Bite the bullet...

Those bastards...

Rocketpig said:
Obviously the best system ever, all 14 of them that NEC sold.

The Irony is that the PCengine was more popular in Japan than the NES and Genesis.
Stupidity (NEC Executives) killed the system (TurboGrafx 16) here.

(They had MORTAL KOMBAT EXCLUSIVE. they said no. didnt think it would be popluar in the US.... :rolleyes: )

Hindsight is 20/20....

SNES had much support from 3rd party and it was very good.
Dreamcast had virtually no 3rd party support and it was very good.

My nod goes to DC... if they only had support they would've ruled IMO.

Great system.

I have to say DC hands down, though there were a bunch of good SNES games, and a handful of N64.

I really like the fact that I can get all my DC games.... "FREE AR" now, lol.

DC for me, I still regret ever selling it back in 2000, or 01... can't remember which year. Reason why I sold it? Didn't play it much due to job/school/clubbing life back in Germany.

i voted dreamcast

its not the best system ever, but it was lightyears ahead of the compitition. Sega just didnt have the financial balls to fight all of sonys PS2 hype.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System for the WIN!!!

It had a large number of games of many genre, held a fun rivalry with sega, and in my opinion it was the golden age for nintendo as a console game company.

Since the vote was for the best 'system' and not system + games then the Dreamcast gets my vote. It had more graphical power than anything else at the time and also the best controller....and vga support. :cool:

SNES is my all time favorite (Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tengai Makyo Zero Far East of Eden, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2, Mario RPG, Mega Man X, Axelay, Soul Blazer: Illusion of Gaia, Treasure Hunter G, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, and more).

Then there would have to be stuff like PSone, PS2, and Saturn. In many ways, the Saturn was such a good system that was a victim of its own company - I love the Saturn mainly for the stuff that never came out here - Radiant Silvergun, Grandia (not that crap PSone port), Panzer Dragoon Azel (came out here), Shining Force III (only the first part came out here), arcade perfect Metal Slug, arcade perfect XMen vs. Street Fighter, Princess Crown...

Back