Best suited OS for my PC?

Deluzion

n00b
Debating between Vista Home Premium 64, Vista Home Premium 32 bit or XP Pro 32 bit
Wich of those 3 would best suit my system wich is used mostly for gaming.

AMD Dual Core Opteron 165 @ 2600mhz
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
2x1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU
BFG 8800GT OC 512 MB @Stock OC
WD Raptor SATA 10000 RPM 74 GB
Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200 RPM 200 GB
Creative Soundblaster X-FI Fatal1ty
NEC 2510A DVD-RW
Dell 2007WFP

Cant decide help :)

Its all personal preference. I would recommend XP, but thats just me. But your also gonna have others saying Vista. So why not just Dual boot, and figure out which one you like better.

I agree with the dual boot suggestion. If you have copies of both XP and Vista, there is no reason not too... if you don't, well.... I suppose money could be a factor. Honestly, nobody here can tell you which OS is going to suit your needs and likes best, all we can offer are opinions.... and you know what they say about that.......

I dont like the whole idea of having a dual boot system. Too much hassle and takes up more space and what not. Did the whole dual boot thing back in the OS/2 Win 3.1 days and again with the Win 3.1/Win 95 thing, never going to do it again :)
What i was hoping for was some advice and experience on wich fits my hardware best when it comes to games. Like do i have enough RAM for 64 bit Vista and is it a troublesome OS for gaming in general, if so is Vista 32 bit better or is XP Pro still what people swear by even with a DX10 capable card.

The choice between XP and Vista has to be yours. As said in just about every thread...if you choose Vista, go with x64.

My laptop runs Vista 32, my main rig runs Vista 64 and my other rig runs XP Pro. They all have their advantage, I still use my XP machine for some older, special software until I can find suitable replacements. Some people still need XP, it's a good OS.

Back