Best Sub $200 23-24" LCD (Non Gaming)?

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
My uncle's birthday is coming up and I want to get him a 23-24" screen. He works from home and is always on the computer. He primarily uses outlook, word and firefox. He does not game at all. I wish I could get him a nice IPS panel but I simply don't want to spend over $200. Since he does like to take pictures, however he hardly touches them up.

Asus 23-24" LCD's seem to be best bang for the buck but there are TONS of models. I have been debating between the three below:

VH238H - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117
VW246H - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049
VH242H - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052

I would appreciate any feedback. I was originally going to get the VH238H because someone said it had the best colors in another thread, but then I saw another thread where it had terrible vertical lines. :c/

Honestly for his use He would be far better off with a cheap PVA panel like the samsung 2333t or similar. The contrast is better and reading text is nicer and movies and multimedia look great on them.

Last edited:
Honestly for his use He would be far better off with a cheap PVA panel like the samsung 2333t or similar. The contrast is better and reading text is nicer and movies and multimedia look great on them.

This looks interesting. Do you know if anyone has done any comparisons with the 2407WFP and 2408WFP?

Oh nice. Not sure how I missed the 2333t. Only $160 shipped @ Tigerdirect too! Need to make sure they have good return policy for dead pixels otherwise I'll get it from the Egg.

Think I should just spend the little extra and go for the Viewsonic VP2365wb? It is $280 @ Amazon. Mainly because I think when he has a long document to read he can swivel it to Portrait mode and it'll auto-rotate the screen. Could be real useful in the long run, I would think.

Last edited:
Oh nice. Not sure how I missed the 2333t. Only $160 shipped @ Tigerdirect too! Need to make sure they have good return policy for dead pixels otherwise I'll get it from the Egg.

Think I should just spend the little extra and go for the Viewsonic VP2365wb? It is $280 @ Amazon. Mainly because I think when he has a long document to read he can swivel it to Portrait mode and it'll auto-rotate the screen. Could be real useful in the long run, I would think.

Try to find a used 2408wfp or 2407wfp. They have the S-PVA panels which in my opinion are even nicer. They also have pivot, height adjustment and like 9 inputs as well as 4 usb's, compact flash, and an sd card reader.

Try to find a used 2408wfp or 2407wfp. They have the S-PVA panels which in my opinion are even nicer. They also have pivot, height adjustment and like 9 inputs as well as 4 usb's, compact flash, and an sd card reader.

Rather get something new, so that it can be shipped directly to his place + have warranty. Thanks tho.

I'm just going to get the 2333T.

Thanks all!

Rather get something new, so that it can be shipped directly to his place + have warranty. Thanks tho.

I'm just going to get the 2333T.

Thanks all!

Good choice, I got my friend to get one a few months ago and he's extremely pleased.

Nothing wrong with a 2333t I bought one a few months ago, and have nothing bad to say about it. In fact when I compare it to the 2407wfp I can tell you there is almost no difference color the dynamic contrast is better on the dell but its not something that i use, so its no big deal.

The 2333T is a good display if you can find one without issues: I went through five, all had some issue or the other (dead/bright pixels, uneven brightness etc.)...best of luck.

Waiting on the Asus ML249H right now from amazon; it's 207.99 right now.

no height adjustment or anything on the Asus ML249H. You would think to get something sub $200.... no?

Back