• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Studio Monitors for $300

DeathCab

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
44
Currently I have the logitech THX 2.1 system, and unfortunately, it is starting to sound a lot like crap to me. I want something that sounds better, and hopefully it can cost under 300. I don't have an amp, external DACs or anything like that, although I do do some home studio recording (this is where my speakers are really lacking, in their ability to accurately reproduce what I create).

I game (but don't care much for a surround setup), I record and listen to music. If it came down to speakers for gaming or speakers for music, I would prefer ones that sounded better when listening to music.

If possible, a 2.1 system would be nice.
I know someone is going to tell me that the kplich 2.1 speakers are the best I can do for this price. Maybe so, but I would like to think I can do better.

Any recommendations?
 
The Swan M200s I briefly used sounded amazing compared to any Logitech, Creative, or otherwise conventional 2.0 or 2.1 speaker setup. They can be pretty hard to find nowadays, but just do a little looking around and you'll see what glowing reviews they've gotten. I'm selling my pair (used for about a week) for $150 shipped since they turned out to be too big to fit on the desk here in my dorm...PM me if you're interested.
 
I am sitting in front of a pair of Behringer Truth 2031A monitors, although they do run a little more than $300. My brother is using the 2030A monitors and they sound great as well at about $270.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BEH-B2030A.html


http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BEH-B2031A.html

Time for a shameless plug. I like buying from these guys because they have price matched when I have found a lower price, shipping is almost always free, no tax, and if you spend more than $250 they will let you pay it in 3 payments. No interest, no credit check.
 
If you don't mind a little haggling, you could get the Event TR8 or M-Audio BX8 at guitar center for around your target price. Both are excellent sounding monitors, the Event having a slightly drier (and more accurate IMO) sound whereas the M-Audio is a bit more full-bodied sounding. I have friends that own both, and I have an earlier Event model.
 
Back
Top