best SSD?

Kryogen

Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
937
I have an OCZ vertex 3 ssd, approx 115 gb

I want something bigger and faster, as it's getting full

what is the best SSD right now for at least double the size?

thanks

Reliability is my first criteria. I want a reliable SSD. performance is important, but must not sacrifice reliability.
 
I'd probably stick with Samsung 840 Pro/EVO or Crucial/Micron. They are fast, affordable, widely available, and reliable.
 
Well, since you are looking for the best with reliability and performance as criteria but not price, have a look at Intel DC S3700 or better, SMART Optimus SSDs, though the latter has a SAS interface...
 
What's wrong with OCZ? I've got three OCZ SSD's, no problems with any of them. Also have a couple OCZ power supplies going without any problems.

They're basically bankrupt; so I'd avoid them because you may not get warranty support if their company goes under.
 
Back
Top