Best SSD for $100?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211487

Adata 40GB 100.99

Sandforce controller would be better, but you lose space cause the controller is pricy, but the speed is much higher on the write side.
OP, if you have a microcenter near your home, they are selling this same ADATA drive with Sandforce controller, but it's rebranded and 64GB, for only $99.99.

Just got one myself tonight :p

Here's some details: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1561408

Architecture Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND Flash Memory (Intel 29F32G08AAMDBX16)
Capacity 64GB
Controller SandForce SF-1222 processor
Read Speed Up to 280MBps
Write Speed Up to 270MBps
MFR Warranty 2 Year Limited Warranty

I am tempted to get this one from Microcenter, Link I think it is rebranded but the specs look good.

I have heard good things about the microcenter SSD with the sandforce controller as well, it looks to be the same controller as the ADATA that you linked to. If you dont have a microcenter near you seems like a no brainer, even if you have one nearby its less than a ten dollar difference after taxes from microcenter (assuming you dont get taxed by newegg).

Prices still not that interesting ;z
32gb for OS drive is fine, but 64gb for gaming isn't.

Oh thats an awesome deal at micro center. My micro center has one for 80 going there tomorrow to pick it up.

I think 64 gb is fine for gaming. OS plus games that you currently play. Everything else can go on mass storage drives.

Availability:
Out of Stock
at Northern Virginia/Fairfax
: (

Availability:
10 in stock
at Beltway/Rockville for 18 Minute In-Store Pickup
: )

Maybe I will go to Maryland in the next few days and get one.

Seriously!! It feels like we will be waiting for ages for the price to drop!!

I wonder about getting two 64GB MC SSDs and placing them into Raid 0... I want over 100 GB on my OS drive to have space for programs and put games and data on the 1 TB Samsung.

in case anyone is interested.. i put one in my computer.. here are some benchmarks

XvAys.png

cTVlJ.png

Anyopinion on open boxes. They show 5 open boxes/returns for 80each.

I would consider it.. i just recently got an open box universal notebook power adapter from newegg for $40.. saw it at best buy last night for $120.. same thing..

I wonder about getting two 64GB MC SSDs and placing them into Raid 0... I want over 100 GB on my OS drive to have space for programs and put games and data on the 1 TB Samsung.

I have the 64gb as OS in my computer and 2tb for storage.. Now I am in the process of consolidating all of my old hard drives onto the 2tb.. I don't play games so 64 gb should be more than enough for win7 and some programs for me.

Anyopinion on open boxes. They show 5 open boxes/returns for 80each.

Yeah, my local MC has 11 open box in stock. That's $160 +tax for Raid 0. I'm waiting for my replacement P8P67 Pro MB, I guess I can plug them into my existing system to evaluate them individually. For that many returns, there must be a lot of people unhappy with them for some reason.

maybe 1 guy bought a bunch for some raid project and backed out on it??

Seems to have frequent problems that the 3.4.6 firmware update corrects. Some report not being able to update firmware though. Whatcha bet most of the open boxes have older firmware?

All valid points.
I also wonder how many of them are from people like me going to see what kind of difference they make only to return them within the 30days. lol

I have 3 of the MicroCenter drives and have been very happy with them all so far.

Back