Best spyware sweeper/cleaner?

Dulak

Limp Gawd
I've read everything I could on the subject and so far the top picks I have read about are ...

Spyware sweeper
Spy-bot
MS defender
Lavasoft adaware
Spyware doctor

These are the main ones and the ones with the best reviews.

a couple things ...

I dont mind spending 30$ if the program is worth it. I read various reviews at various sites (including here) about all the anti-spyware programs.

The free spy-bot got alot of votes from what I saw; I used the old MS antispyware prog; and it worked well (I liked it); but some of the recent reviews didnt rate it as high. I've seen some decent reviews about spyware sweeper (only thing thou the scans took a while).

On my old system I had adware/spybot/and MS anti-spyware - I prefer only 1 prog or 2 if at most.

-side note- I've been using NOD32 for the past couple months and I really like this compared to norton. I dont mind having it active since the resources are real low; and it actually found some old stuff on on of my old drives that norton must have not picked up.
And no I dont use norton anymore.

I use Spyware Doctor and I love that one. Works great, no issues since I've loaded it onto my systems. :)

In my experience the field of top spyware cleaner changes almost weekly (or so it seems sometimes). It would be nice if we could just have one program, but the nature of the beast doesn't really allow for that. Spy-bot and Ad-Aware used to do ok, but now there is a fair amount of stuff neither catches, including rootkits (which is a weakness of most scanners). Spyware doctor has done a pretty good job on my computer too.

I've been using Ewido for a bit. Seems to work good for XP nt based systems. I hardly ever get spyware though so I can't really benchmark it too well, But I've heard others really like it too...

Webroot Spysweeper is what I use, and I have no regrets.

The subscription is definitely worth it, in my opinion.

drdeutsch

I only use MS Defender now, but I had no problems with Adaware + Spybot.

CrapCleaner not mentioned, it's a temp file remover which seems to nab all tracker cookies that AdAware / Spybot usually pick up as well, but it also has a registry cleaner.

Back