• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Speed/Price ratio?

revv

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 27, 2014
Messages
101
Looking to get a 1 GB SSD sometime this week. I've been out of touch for months.

What does everyone recommend in terms of highest speed at the best price?

Thanks!
 
I assume you mean 1TB? What kind of workload are you looking for? Intensive/high writes? General gaming? ACAD? Photo/video editing?

Looking for reliability? Or specific warranty period?
2.5”, m.2, nvme?

From an overall perspective of performace/cost/price/reliability probably the samsung 860 evo is what I would recommend (assuming sata).
 
Sorry, yes, I meant a 1 tb drive the drive would be mostly for gaming. Some level of reliability is expected, but I have most of my stuff backed up. Form factor is not an issue, although I keep hearing that for my use theres little difference between sata ssd and m.2
 
Sorry, yes, I meant a 1 tb drive the drive would be mostly for gaming. Some level of reliability is expected, but I have most of my stuff backed up. Form factor is not an issue, although I keep hearing that for my use theres little difference between sata ssd and m.2

For gaming yes theres little difference, formfactor is a little bit of a deal if you have to buy an adapter card.

Reguardless my suggestion of the 860 evo stands, will cost about $220 normally $190-200 if you wait for a sale.

Microcenter has it for $200 currently if you have on near you, not sure if this is a instore only or buyable online deal.
 
Back
Top