best speakers under $100?

kniah

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
2,322
I'm looking for a set of speakers for my in-laws. Best bang for the buck, up to $100. I'm thinking Stereo or 2.1, not looking for surround. Preferably something I can get locally near Pittston, PA 18640.

Primary use is TV, music, and movies. The speakers don't need to be fancy, I just don't want to get them something lame and gimmicky. What do you guys recommend for under $100? Thanks in advance, and happy holidays!
 
What are you hooking these up to? TV, Computer? Will they be connected directly to the TV/Computer, or are they hooked up to a separate amplifier?

Anyway, Logitech makes decent computer, self powered speakers, and have a few 2.1 systems around the 100 dollar mark. Not the only option, but is a brand name, so it's possible you may find them in a store in town.

I have a pair of Klipsch pro media 2.1's, and really like them, but I ordered those online, for about 120 dollars.

If they want full range sound i.e. Bass, you will want to look at a 2.1 system, or a standard "Boom Box" type deal.

Not sure what you'd be able to find locally, but hope that helps.

-ST-
 
What are you hooking these up to? TV, Computer? Will they be connected directly to the TV/Computer, or are they hooked up to a separate amplifier?

Anyway, Logitech makes decent computer, self powered speakers, and have a few 2.1 systems around the 100 dollar mark. Not the only option, but is a brand name, so it's possible you may find them in a store in town.

I have a pair of Klipsch pro media 2.1's, and really like them, but I ordered those online, for about 120 dollars.

If they want full range sound i.e. Bass, you will want to look at a 2.1 system, or a standard "Boom Box" type deal.

Not sure what you'd be able to find locally, but hope that helps.

-ST-

These will be hooked up directly to a computer (currently using onboard, but can change this later if needed). Not using an amp. I wouldn't mind getting a set that can be hooked up to a TV also since they're currently using the built in speakers on their LCD TV. Any decent bookshelf or studio monitors for this price? Are any of these any good?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Studio-Monitors-Recording,50-100.gc

Thanks again.
 
Back
Top