Best speakers for g/f?

Yeah man, I've got a set of these right beside my 3 monitors, Powermac G5 and C2D at 3.5ghz :p :p

Hahaha sorry. Oh god... I honestly dont know what I can say about those, except "for 5$... ahem"

Course... You wouldn't be out much if they ARE terrible :p

OMG... I've seen it all now...

Seriously, after shipping you are looking at over $10... you should be able to your local walmart/target/staples and find something for $9.99... I had cheep pair of g/e speakers from somewhere... they worked.

300 watts and they're only $5. great find.

oh and christmas is almost here, snowman speakers are definitely "in".

I rofld when I saw them too, but I thought it was hilarious how the treble, balance, volume and bass controls were actually the eyes.

If they don't sound too shitty I think I'll get them (otherwise my 6 yr old bro gets em). But I still could use a few other suggestions.

She's already got a NICE necklace for her b-day (500$) but she told me that I wasn't allowed to spend over 25-30$ for xmas on her.

buy 3 sets so you can somehow rock 7.1 then add a sweet wallmart sub, whole thing would set u back maybe 50$... greatest system ever!

I was thinking something along that line. Would be downright hilarious.

I'd rather have 4$ speakers and a 100$ sub tho...I can never skimp on a good sub...

rofl those are beyond ridiculous

If she has any kind of stereo with a co axle L/R input you could get the adapter that plugs into the computer and interfaces with whatever stereo it is. For 10 bucks you can get the best one they sell and chances are the stereo she has is better than those... things.

Cloughy12 said:
buy 3 sets so you can somehow rock 7.1 then add a sweet wallmart sub, whole thing would set u back maybe 50$... greatest system ever!
6 snowmen and a sub. killer sound system.

Op there's not a chance that snowman speakers will sound good, save your money.

I'd probably recommend hitting up places that offer free shipping such as buy.com, amazon, or overstock.com, newegg etc and just research there. Stick with brand names such as altec lansing, creative and logitech for a "chance" to end up with something, cough, decent ;)

Cloughy12 said:
lol

my sister has similar cheapo speakers that boast 1000 watts according to the box haha. There is no way that figure can even be PMPO right? what the crap are they referring to

biggrin.gif
:D:D:D
300 Watts!!! For some reason, I started LOL'ing like a crazy man...

EDIT:

on topic, get her these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121123

Unless she hates subs (as in, it's an EXTRA BOX :) That's one of the best cheap speaker sets.

Ahriman4891 said:
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D
300 Watts!!! For some reason, I started LOL'ing like a crazy man...

EDIT:

on topic, get her these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121123

Unless she hates subs (as in, it's an EXTRA BOX :) That's one of the best cheap speaker sets.
There you go OP, Logitech X-230 for $31 and free shipping, that's the lowest price i've seen on them in a while. Good reviews for cheapie computer speakers to boot.

Not bad. That's a solid price for some good speakers.

Currently, btw, she is speakerless. Her laptop speakers both blew out (she had those fancy huge speakers that are built into the laptop).

ty yall

Don't buy it for the audio. Buy it for the snowmen.

You should buy 25 sets of those and set them up all around your house (or better yet outside your house). Then play creepy music through them. Or chanting of some sort. If you are creative enough you can give people nightmares.

it wouldn't be too hard to scare people in my neighborhood...We put out a couch for the trash, and they thought that we were trying to entice homeless people to live in our community. They're all a bunch of rich bastards with way too much time/money on their hands. I'm just the son of a USAirways employee who has enough friends to keep him afloat for years.

Back