I have the well known loud clicking noises when playing BF2 with my X-Fi and my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard, but I'm confused about all the different explanations and possible fixes. Forum searches and Google searches turn up so much information that I'm not sure I'm making sense of it all. It seems that Creative claims there is nothing they can do to fix this problem and that motherboard manufacturers need to release bios updates. I don't think Asus is going to do this though.
This problem has been driving me crazy for the past few months and I'd really like to solve it. Can you recommend any solution here? Should I give up on the X-Fi, or maybe get a different motherboard? If I do get another mobo, can you please recommend a fairly inexpensive one? Thanks for any help you can provide!
This problem has been driving me crazy for the past few months and I'd really like to solve it. Can you recommend any solution here? Should I give up on the X-Fi, or maybe get a different motherboard? If I do get another mobo, can you please recommend a fairly inexpensive one? Thanks for any help you can provide!