Best SNES games

Originally posted by FuzzyDonkey
Yes! Only the SNES version, though, the Genesis version sucked. Rented it ALOT, but never found it on sale anywhere.
Hmm, most people I hear from prefer the Genesis version over the SNES version. It's interesting how disparate the gameplay is from one to the other. I kinda like them both in certain ways.

all final fantasy series.......... and secret of mana 1 and 2(secret deisteku?). ah how i miss snes

Originally posted by Acceptable_Risk
Hmm, most people I hear from prefer the Genesis version over the SNES version. It's interesting how disparate the gameplay is from one to the other. I kinda like them both in certain ways.

the only thing I liked better about the Genesis version was the cyberspace. Probably because they spent more than 10 seconds programming it, unlike the SNES version. :)

Chrono Trigger
Legend of Zelda : Link to the Past
Super Mario World

God how those games ate up my life! :rolleyes:

Looking at theses post, i guess my theory is right. You pretty much couldn't go wrong with any super nintendo game you bought. I am seeing a bunch of games here that I haven't played or heard of, but I am sure they are good just because they are on Super Nintendo :)

Anyone played Saturday Night Slammers? That doesn't look right, but it was called something extremley close to that. It's been so long since I played it. However, it was the best non-mainstream, fictional wrestling game ever.

I played both and I perfer the genesis version also. There were so many more options and it was actually somewhat of a free roaming RPG. The SNES version was a more restricted.

In no particular order...

Donkey Kong Country (haven't played 2 or 3 much, but they're probably good as well)
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Stunt Race FX
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time
Star Fox
Rock & Roll Racing
Super Bomberman (1 and 2)
Tetris & Dr. Mario
F-Zero
Sim City

Originally posted by The Rebel
Anyone played Saturday Night Slammers? That doesn't look right, but it was called something extremley close to that. It's been so long since I played it. However, it was the best non-mainstream, fictional wrestling game ever.
Saturday Night Slam Masters. It was a port of a Neo Geo game, I believe. It was pretty good.

in no particular order
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
F-Zero
Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Chrono Trigger
Illusion of Gaia
Breathe of Fire 2
Shadowrunner
Zelda
Mario Kart
King Arthurs Castle

on man! im totally bustin out the SNES tonight! woohoo!

Originally posted by Ron1jed
secert of mana

I don't care what anyone says.

FF3
super punch out
ummmm
f zero
zelda
pilotwings

You are so right..Secret of Mana was the best. Graphics(at the time), and gameplay..GAMEPLAY!!! damn that game kept you playing!

SNES . just cuase...i like the SNES system better

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Anyone remember Unicyle racers...or something like that.. that game was cool.

YES!!!!!!!!!
uniracers FREAKING RULES!!!!!!!!!!
that is my fav game, i still play it for hours when i get on it.

and metroid, chrono trigger, shadowrun, killer instinct.......ohh god i gota go play snes, too many games to name!!!!1!:D :D :D

Here are mine in order:

1. Tetris Attack, me and my friend can get to a point at doing combos that we freeze up the snes from all the lag.

2. Mario Kart (the best one made!)

3. FF3 or FF6 however you want to say it.

Someone mentioned Star Wars, but I'm going to go ahead and recommend all three Star Wars games. :p

They all used virtually the same engine, but they were really well done games, and all worth playing.

I can't believe nobody mentioned NCAA Basketball. There were two guys on UNC's team that could shoot 60%+ from beyond the arc.

Sim City
Mario Cart
FZero
UN Squadron
Super Mario World
Donky Kong Country (or whatever it was called)

Legend of Zelda LttP
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
NBA JAM TE
TMNT Turltes in Time
Joe and Mac
Super Mario World
Mario Paint !!
Like all the Mega Mans
Madden 95
Nhl 96
Star Fox

Hmm I'd have to say its a three way tie between Super Mario World/All-Stars, Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid.

Donkey Kong Country 1 was the most graphically intense game of its time. Still play it on my asus a620 and it is absolutely amazing looking.

Gameplay was fun too, no doubt about it.

Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Mario Kart Racing

Seriously guys the best SNES game ever was Harvest Moon. You cant go wrong with any game involoving farming.

I second Harvest Moon!
Some other of my favorites:
Zelda: a link to the past
Super Mario Kart
NHL 95-97
Star Fox
Mario World
FF3
Mortal Kombat series
Street Fighter 2
Mario Paint (the bug killing game was great feature!)
Super Punch Out
Secret of Mana/Evermore

so many memories...

Secret of Mana - Still going for $20+ on ebay, checked a few months ago and it was going for $50. Incredible game.

Thanks to whoever knew the 'boy and his dog' was Secret of Evermore... Another game I've been wanting to find but couldn't remember the name.

F-Zero is still fun.

Good ol' Super Mario is one of my favorites.

I liked Sega better. Toad Jam and Earl was sweet!

Originally posted by Cyru$_ Toad Jam and Earl was sweet! [/B]

AAAAAH its Toe Jam not toad jam......and yes that is one of the greatest Genesis games ever (off topic)

Tetris Attack.

Anyone who has played the versus with a friend mode and gotten past the 15 minute mark knows exactly what I am talking about.

1) Star Ocean [BETA/fan translation]
2) Seiken Densetsu III/Secret of Mana 2 [fan translation]
3) Tales of Phantasia [fan translation]
4) Dragon Quest V [fan translation]
5) Final Fantasy IV [fan translation, NOT the shitty ass raped american version]
6) Front Mission [fan translation]
7) Breath of Fire II
8) Megaman X
10) Megaman X3

As you guys can see...I'm an RPG whore. :D

Back