Best smartphone plan in Ont/Canada for the far commuter?

Numan

Gawd
I need to get a real plan, if for anything to fiddle with apps during break (or during work) :D

Right now I have a dying iphone 2G I Ebay'ed with a Rogers PAYG Sim in it for voice and it works well between that and WiFi. I work about 1h30m away from where I live going down the highway so both my residence/work place are LD to each other. My current number is around where I live. I also have a voip phone where I live as I use that daily to call LD. Also the cell reception is poop in there and I barely call with my cell; just to confirm the odd meeting with somebody or in case my car breaks down.

My GF gave me her old 3GS but sadly when she restored it she did not turn off auto updates so I have a lovely 4.1 3GS looking for it's AT&T home. Yes I know about that 6.15 BB but I also read on the author's site how the GPS might crap out and you might be screwed. No thanks. So I *might* have a phone already to use and if not I'll just get one.

I'd love to just get some PAYG voice plan and data for whatever a month but it seems no carrier offers that, just some forced $30 for an hour of local voice. I see all sorts of the newer carriers offer great voice/data deals but they only work within the extended GTA. I work in there but I don't live in there. I might be forced to go with a big three.

Any ideas?

Back