Best small form factor GPU's? (SLI, and Single)

wicked_chicken

Limp Gawd
Looking to put together a highly mobile platform for running virtual reality experiments (I'm a clinical psych graduate student). I run a GTX680 in my main machine, but it's in a massive Caselabs case.

Whats the best small form factor card these days for both single applications and SLI?

Thanks!

Have you considered looking at ITX form factor? Mini ITX is as small as you can get and there are still cases that can fit full-size dual slot video cards.

The Corsair 250D Mini-ITX case supports dual-slot video cards up to 11.8" in length. Your GTX 680 would have no problem fitting this case at 10" in length. The case itself is 10.9"x11.4"x13.8".

I run an ASUS GTX 670 and an i5-3470 in a Cooler Master Elite 120 mini-ITX case.

No virtual reality use cases, but I have used the box for recent title gaming (have played AC4, FC3, Sleeping Dogs), and it's worked out fine. No issues.

Dimensions on the case are: 9.4" x 8.2" x 15.8", so pretty portable.

Not sure how much the whole thing weighs, but would be pretty easy to carry around in a padded duffle bag or something.

I agree with the getting the Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCXF4HI and put any graphics card in it you want.

If you're going with a truly small form factor build then you will be using a mini-ITX motherboard that will not have SLI/Crossfire support. Even if it says there is support for it for your board, don't do it because there will not be enough spacing between the cards for cooling and you will have an oven.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back