Best showcases for PhysX?

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
So what are the best showcases for PhysX? Free demos would be best but I am willing to buy a game if it has good PhysX effects. Looking for something like Cellfactor, which unfortunately won't run without a PPU. Any suggestions?

Mirror's Edge has a pretty big visual difference between PhysX and non, but nothing that affects the actual gameplay. It just looks a whole helluva lot prettier with it enabled.

Batman: AA is the biggest one I can think off. they are some pretty cool comparisons on youtube.

but physx is overblown. only a few games that really impress.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a great way to showcase Phyixs.

And you dont even need an Nvidia card to show them how well it runs :)

Last edited:
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter is great for that. I have the PhysX card, too.. Kudos to you. I just wish I had bought mine before Auto Assault was closed.

Best game to showcase Physx?

Nvidia is still working on it. Maybe someday there will be one, but today, there isn't.

Just checked out the Batman AA vids. Some pretty neat eye-candy there. Not sure it'd be worth the price of a second video card for me though.

Did you mean PhysX or Physics? I believe BC2 uses Havok in their engine.

Well it is Physics :), and if you want to show someone how good Physics can be, show them BC2.

You dont even need a special PhysX card to show em :)

Bc2 uses there own proprietary physics within the Frostbite engine. no havok.

The main difference between Nvidia Physx and all other physics engines is that nvidia physics are sometimes processed by gpu and not cpu and the calculations performed will cause a random physics affect as most other physics affects are either pre-rendered or sequenced.

I would also agree that BC2 probably has the most impressive and suitable physics of any current game and the effects are good enough to be believable and it's doesn't cause a huge performance hit as most physx titles might cause.

As an example:

If a chick in a game was standing by a race track as a car passed by her hair would react differently each time a car passed, whether it's based on car speed, or distance from the car.

With non physx the hair would always move the same no matter how fast the car was going or distance from the car.

this is just a basic example to describe the difference, it may or may not be the truth with all physics comparions but physX makes that possible more so than other physics engines.

Does it make it better? not in my opinion

Last edited:
Bc2 uses there own proprietary physics within the Frostbite engine. no havok.

The main difference between Nvidia Physx and all other physics engines is that nvidia physics are sometimes processed by gpu and not cpu and the calculations performed will cause a random physics affect as most other physics affects are either pre-rendered or sequenced.

I would also agree that BC2 probably has the most impressive and suitable physics of any current game and the effects are good enough to be believable and it's doesn't cause a huge performance hit as most physx titles might cause.

As an example:

If a chick in a game was standing by a race track as a car passed by her hair would react differently each time a car passed, whether it's based on car speed, or distance from the car.

With non physx the hair would always move the same no matter how fast the car was going or distance from the car.

this is just a basic example to describe the difference, it may or may not be the truth with all physics comparions but physX makes that possible more so than other physics engines.

Does it make it better? not in my opinion

When you first load up BC2, and look at the screen with all the TM copyright stuff, You will notice it does say (Havok)

So it is using havok

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a great way to showcase Phyixs.

And you dont even need an Nvidia card to show them how well it runs :)

Yes because everyone should have to suffer replicating pre-rendered sequenced physics. When a M203 and a Tank produce the same result, it isn't physics. its pre-programmed crap.

Yes because everyone should have to suffer replicating pre-rendered sequenced physics. When a M203 and a Tank produce the same result, it isn't physics. its pre-programmed crap.

O god your back!!!!!!

How about the 480GTX and its 512 shaders?

How about charlie being wrong when he was right!!

O god your back!!!!!!

How about the 480GTX and its 512 shaders?

How about charlie being wrong when he was right!!

Never left. Guess you never heard of last minute design changes for volume products(I still believe they should have done a B1 and got the 512SP Part out). And CHARLIE WAS MOSTLY WRONG! Only thing he got right was it being late. GTX480 Slower than 5870, HE was wrong. 607Mhz Clock for 480, wrong again. Wont OC for shit, Wrong again. The problem with charlie is he is a horses ass and even the sun shines on that every once in awhile. Doesn't make everything he said correct.

Back