• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best setup for pc350's

Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
10
Hi Guys.

I am curious as to a few setup settings for my Sennheiser pc350's. (Purchased on the back of a hardforum recommendation :)

I am mainly interested in the gaming side, but looking for the best overall setup. I have them running from an XFI xtreme gamer soundcard.

1st question: As these are headphones I am presuming that the best option is to choose the headphones setting, not stereo in the audio card's software/windows audio options.
The reason I ask is that I don't think it sounds any worse on either choice - just different.
Any benefit from either?

2nd question: As these are stereo headphones should I spend anytime tweaking the 8 different channels my software seems to be picking up? Will it have any bearing on the audio positioning ingame? Or will it simply only be picking up the left and right speaker?

Sorry if I am asking some generally retarded questions - I am always having a play with the options, and would like to just have an idea on what is best to switch on, and what to leave off.

Thanks allot [H]ardForumers!
 
With the X-Fi, in game mode, use headphone settings, EAX effects on full and Crystallizer on 25-50%. Do not use CMSS-3D as it sucks big time. In windows set it to headphones too. Make sure that you have the latest X-FI drivers.
 
Back
Top