• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best setup for HD598 + X530?

0xygen

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
3
Hey,



I got a pair of HD598s a while ago and have been using them with the Turtle Beach DSS processor which I got for my Xbox. I'm not particularly impressed with the virtual surround it produces along with the fact it doesn't support DTS. The majority of the time I just bypass the Dolby processing so I figured I may as well upgrade to something better whilst I'm upgrading my PC.



I currently have my Logitech X530s connected to the onboard audio on my ASRock Z77 Extreme4. The DSS is connected via optical cable.



I've been looking around various forums for information but I'm still not sure what I should go for as I'm a complete novice when it comes to audio. I understand cards like the Xonar Essence ST are primarily intended for headphones and do not contain outputs for my speakers. Currently I'm thinking of getting the Xonar DX for my speakers as I've seen a lot of people recommending it and it also has an optical output in case I get a new set of speakers. However, if I get the Xonar DX then I'll need something else to be able to use my headphones at the same time as my speakers right?



When it comes to headphone amps and DACs I really don't have enough knowledge of audio to know what to look for.



Any advice would be much appreciated!



Thanks
 
Well the Creative Zx has an output for both the headphone and the speakers. There is a simple switch in the software to go from speakers to headphones. So I would get that over the DX which is my old sound card.

If you want to improve the headphone sound, you can add an amp like the Schitt Magni for about $100.
 
I want something that will allow me to use both my speakers and headphones at the same time without having to unplug any cables or switch over as I use my headphones for Skype a lot with other audio playing through my speakers.
 
I want something that will allow me to use both my speakers and headphones at the same time without having to unplug any cables or switch over as I use my headphones for Skype a lot with other audio playing through my speakers.

Which is the Creative Zx. It does that. There are literally two outputs. One for the headphones and another for speakers.

It is the only gaming sound card that does. You want the Creative Zx.
 
Back
Top