• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

best service or program for obtaining songs

dhodson

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 2, 2001
Messages
207
I am getting both an iriver 795 and an ipod shuffle (one for me and other for wife). Although we have many albums we will convert, i want to be able to obtain newer individual songs preferably over the internet. What are the best services and programs. I assume some of the songs on the free ones are pirated. i want info on both the pay for and free services.

thanks

D
 
the rules said:
(15) Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
the rules said:
(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden
Nuff said about why we don't discuss "pirated" music here? ;)
 
Mister X said:
Nuff said about why we don't discuss "pirated" music here? ;)


i assume the software is not illegal at least currently

i just want to know what people like and the pros and cons of each

i dont see anything illegal about that (i just want to be realistic and assume that the total free stuff isnt exactly free)
 
There are no pros and cons about dowloading illeagal files cause we don't talk about that here.
Understand?

BTW this is not targeted at you or your question..... so please don't take it that way.
I am just trying to keep the "answers" within the confines of the forum rules. ;)
 
any other suggestions than itunes as far as good software?

some how this continues to get off the direction i desired.
 
The best "service" is buying the CDs and ripping them yourself. It's DRM-free, comes in any format, and costs about the same.
 
Well there is www.allofmp3.com which at the moment as I understand it is legal. Some Russian D had the option to take them to court but I dont know if they ever did or not. You can choose a multitude of formats taht are DRM free.

For American companies I have used RealPlayer. They allow you to burn all your songs you buy to CD and they will be on that CD free of DRMs. But the file can only be accessed and played on the computer to which it is downloaded to and can only be played in its downloaded format in RealPlayer. What most people do is burn that file to CD then re-rip it which is good enough for most people. I also like their 30 second samples that play in the same window.
 
BoogerBomb said:
Well there is www.allofmp3.com which at the moment as I understand it is legal. Some Russian D had the option to take them to court but I dont know if they ever did or not. You can choose a multitude of formats taht are DRM free.

For American companies I have used RealPlayer. They allow you to burn all your songs you buy to CD and they will be on that CD free of DRMs. But the file can only be accessed and played on the computer to which it is downloaded to and can only be played in its downloaded format in RealPlayer. What most people do is burn that file to CD then re-rip it which is good enough for most people. I also like their 30 second samples that play in the same window.

thanks for the info
i will likely buy the cd of any group i like as the above poster mentioned

i mostly interested in this single songs for when someone says i really like this song what do u think of it? id probably listen to it for a while and that could be worth a buck or two but am not interested in their entire album for 15 bucks.

again thanks for the info

D
 
I'm glad that up here in Canada, our taxes (so many of them :'( ) go toward something... it let's us download music without having to worry about legal ramifications.
 
Is it lawful to recommend Kazaa Lite Resurrection? That's what I use and it's excellent.
 
Back
Top