Best service for high quality audio ?

"Tidal" is what you want. I used it briefly but the library is too small for my taste.

Yes I had the same experience. But its been a long time since I tried it.
It's why I've stuck to Spotify. The library size. Quality only goes so far and for the most part, it's HQ for premium versions are good enough for me. I can't really tell the difference in quality anyways.

I use Google Play. HQ is supposed to be 320kbps (no mention if this is vbr or not). I enjoy the sound I get, and when trying to find faults, I'm unable to. Now, I'm sure if I played music next to a FLAC source, that might be different, but I'm happy with it and the music sounds full and complete.

Funny this came up...I posted this earlier~

"8-10 years ago, before streaming was a thing, I'd rip my CD collection to my computer, FLAC of course. With the rise of Spotify, Tidal and the like, streaming has become king. But, wow, revisiting these rips, the same track I frequent on Spotify at a 320 bit rate just doesn't compare to its FLAC counterpart~ the FLAC ripped version is like removing a heavy cloth from my speakers....the detail and overall quality.....awesome!"

But to the OP, were you asking for "audiophile, reference quality" songs to demo/test headphones, speakers, or a place from which to get them?

Edit~ Re-read the thread title. The answer is Tidal, but the UI and library doesn't compare to other services.....yet. Plus, it's pricey.

I haven't tried Spotify premium service but at least the free one is abysmally bad. My understanding is that Spotify in general is aimed for the mobile phone generation who play music with the phone speaker.

I haven't tried Spotify premium service but at least the free one is abysmally bad. My understanding is that Spotify in general is aimed for the mobile phone generation who play music with the phone speaker.

It's great for streaming in the car or to the boat at the lake, etc...but overall, the SQ doesn't touch Tidal when it comes to streaming!

Back