• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Screen for Me

TicTac

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
210
Hi all,

Looking to buy a desktop screen soon and am pondering over which display I should get. I am in the UK.

I am not sure totally about my budget, but using US equilivants, I doubt I can go as high as $800, but can probably manage anything up to that depending on how much I spend on everything.

I may play some games but not many, so I guess response time isn't very important to me. I will do quite a lot of digital photography and picture viewing on it so I want a high resolution. I may spend long hours at a time looking at it so I want the glare and eye strain to be low.

I think I want it 19 inches or bigger as minimum. Open to all brand suggestions, but remember I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

Thanks
 
No one?

To simplify -
What is a good LCD screen that is similar to the dell 2005fpw but cheaper? (dell seems a bit much at the moment)

Any recommendations?

Thanks
 
The Dell 2005FPW can be had some where between $350-450 (I may be off by a bit, but not much)...

Are you sure you didn't meam the 2405FPW? That's been down as low as $800...
 
Thanks for the reply, but sadly in the UK, the 2005fpw can barely be had for the equilivant of $800 and my budget has kinda diminished as well. I was just wondering whether there were any alternatives for less money?
 
TicTac said:
Thanks for the reply, but sadly in the UK, the 2005fpw can barely be had for the equilivant of $800 and my budget has kinda diminished as well. I was just wondering whether there were any alternatives for less money?

Depends on the import duties to the UK from either the US or Canada. The Gateway 21" widescreen monitor can be had for $600 retail, possibly less.
 
Back
Top