Best resolution to play run Xbox 360 over VGA on Dell 2407 A02?

rlee

Gawd
Whats the best resolution to play it at?

I'm trying to run in 1:1 mode under Wide Mode, but it is greyed out when I go to the Display Settings. It is currently on Fill Mode. Why is that?

When I see screen shots online, they look so much better than what I see on my monitor

The best resolution would be the monitor's native resolution. You would want to run in 1:1 pixel mode and if the monitor can do that, there should be small black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

I believe the 2407 A02 revision that you have may not support 1:1.

A04 is the revision where they finally got everything working right with that monitor.

Forgot to mention, when I used to run my 360 on my 2405, I used the VGA cable. I remember reading that component looks terrible on Dells.

i see the option to run in 1:1 or 4:3 or Fill mode, Fill mode is currently selected, but i can't choose 1:1 mode, it is greyed out.

after researching this issue, the A04 revision apparently has fixed this issue. after spending 2 hours on the phone with dell tech support, they are finally sending me a "new" monitor. however, it is going to be refurbished. there better not be any problems with it otherwise they'll just be wasting their money having to send me a new one. i requested a new one but he wouldn't do it for me.

they won't send me the HC version would they? better not

Back