• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best reservoir for flow?

hegulator

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
302
I'm going do my first watercooling setup as soon as I build myself a new system, and i'm starting to research the parts i'm going to want and how i'm going to do it.

One of my main questions concerns reservoirs. most of the ones I see are just a simple tank with an inlet barb, outlet barb, and fill port. I think I remember seeing a reservoir spacifically designed to get better flow through it, but I can't remember what it was or where I saw it.

My question is, does anybody consider the flow charecteristics of your reservoir when you're putting together a watercooling rig? Does it end up making a difference? The reason i'm concerned is I plan on trying to push some pretty good flow, and I don't want the reservoir to start getting vorticies and shit in it to fuck up my flow.

Any thoughts on this?
 
Stay away from Aquatube style reservoirs if you are going to a high flow setup.
 
Try the Swiftech MCRES-Micro (sumtin like that). It is supposedly designed for high-flow.
 
yea I jsut reallized how bad I mess up, not only that but its a single pass radiator lol

I'm looking for a Rez like this also, but I may end up just not using one!
 
Thanks agian ,

Now can anyone confirm if this will fit on the side of a stacker? I guess maybe I could mount it someplace else....

Still thinking a T-line up to the top of the case might both hold more fluid and make maintanence easier?
 
It's so small it will fit just about anywhere with the provided velcro strips.
 
Top Nurse said:
It's so small it will fit just about anywhere with the provided velcro strips.
I didnt get velcro strips with mine :confused:

Maybe they were in a box that I threw away.
 
Back
Top