Best Recording Software?

VA Supremacy

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for something between free and possibly $10 max.
must record sound while listening to it from line in
good quality (not expecting steller but not sounding worse than the source)
main source cassettes
also might record from MDs

alot better than FREE Hi-Q Recorder which is pretty crappy.

thanks

does it work well with Win7 and 64 bit?
I'm using the laptop which has Win7 though if I have to I can use Vista

We use Audacity at church to record the sermons. Works great. To get it to work in win7 we had to install a special patch or something, I forget, just google "audacity windows 7", was an easy fix.

I just use the recorder original installed in Window 7. I think it's powerful enough for me.

Audacity +1, I also use creative smart recorder which comes bundled with my soundcard, although creative did want me to buy it again for windows 7, but i managed to get my own copy working on windows 7 with mp3 support which is what is missing from newer smart recorder versions, but you can buy the mp3 support addon for a couple bux.

Audacity is great, but for quick simple things, creative smart recorder is also good and has a anti hiss and click feature that I love using, its just a simple point and click affair, for more advanced functions audacity is the one to use.

Audacity +1, I also use creative smart recorder which comes bundled with my soundcard, although creative did want me to buy it again for windows 7, but i managed to get my own copy working on windows 7 with mp3 support which is what is missing from newer smart recorder versions, but you can buy the mp3 support addon for a couple bux.

Audacity is great, but for quick simple things, creative smart recorder is also good and has a anti hiss and click feature that I love using, its just a simple point and click affair, for more advanced functions audacity is the one to use.

I'm pretty sure I remember audacity having these same "anti-hiss-and-click" features you speak of. I'll have to go in and verify...

It maybe has, I havent used audacity for ages and i cant recall what it all has, the only reason I mentioned creative is because I just started using my xfi sound card again after a long absence and on the driver cd is the smart recorder software which I installed and and started using again and actually like it.

I havent used Audacity for about 2 years, so I cant recall all of what it has again, even though its installed on my pc as I type this.

Back