• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Raptor config?

sabregen

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
19,501
I'm running 2x 80GB Raptors (Dell OEM) in a RAID-0 on an ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe, on ports 3&4 (for OC'ing purposes). The question is, I know that I can disabled Tagged command queueing, and other features in the volume properties under the device manager. How should I be configuring these options for best performance? Here's what I have so far:

Burst of 279.3MB/sec
Avg Read of 179.4MB/sec
CPU usage of 2%
TCQ enabled
ULi M5288 w/latest controller drivers from Nvidia website (2.10 IIRC)
RAID-0 block size of 64k
WinXP Pro 32-bit

Suggestions welcome, any responses appreciated.
 
I don't get any performance difference whether it's on or off. I'd just run HD Tach and confirm if one way works better than the other and run it that way, unless seat of the pants feel changes for some reason.
 
tuskenraider said:
I don't get any performance difference whether it's on or off. I'd just run HD Tach and confirm if one way works better than the other and run it that way, unless seat of the pants feel changes for some reason.
The impact of command queuing is unlikely to be visible in HDTach.
It has been suggested (see Storagereview) that tagged/ native command queuing is detrimental to single user performance.
 
Yeah, I concur... TCQ or NCQ isn't helpful in the least. Best disable it, as I believe it runs a bit of a processor overhead too.
 
drizzt81 said:
The impact of command queuing is unlikely to be visible in HDTach.
It has been suggested (see Storagereview) that tagged/ native command queuing is detrimental to single user performance.
I've read the same, and should've noted I do leave it disabled.
 
Back
Top