• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best ram for tforce 6100?

doomtoo

n00b
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
1
I have the tforce 6100 754- I have an 3000+ mobile processor, 1.8ghz at 2.8ghz- my question is- right now I have mushkin PC-3200 2x512mb in there- what kind of ram might be able to reach higher clock speeds? it can do 399mhzx7 with the lowest ram multiplier, but won't post 1/2 the time at 400mhz...
 
Why are you going to 400mhz? Is that the actual fsb? You probably want it to be 311 *9. I don't think raising the fsb is of any benefit if the ram isn't (capable of) rising along with it. I would go down to 200*9 with 1-1 ram ratio, then up the fsb to see how far the ram can go, then go back to 311*9 and choose a ram ratio close to the top ram speed.
 
Back
Top