best racing game

zz2

Limp Gawd
what's your favourite racing game??

1. Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2
2. Need for Speed - Underground (very close to 1.)

zz2 said:

1. Yes
2. Only if ur a F&F nutcase who gets turned on by neons/shiny things/stickys/etc... like kids do o_O

Only if ur a F&F nutcase who gets turned on by neons/shiny things/stickys/etc... like kids do o_O

wtf man! yes it has nice graphics but i actually enjoyed playing it!

by "best" i didn't mean simulation that has realistic car handling, realictic this and that etc...
(i would then probably post something like: 1. viper racing (which is f*** boring game))
but just a game that you enjoyed playing

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is FUN as hell.

NFSU is a piece of shit. I hate that you have to play through 3/4 of the game to get any kind of engine/performance upgrade. I gave my copy away after having it for a day. :mad:

Colin McRae Rally 4

/thread

(Rally racing games will always win)

CMR4 is da shit, I still play F1 2002, NFSU, Rallisport Challange, and tetris
what do u think of the racing sim?
driving%20side.JPG

zz2 said:

Absolutely...especially the user downloadable cars like the old musclecars.... awesome to say the least......

GT is fun if you enjoy watered down physics.

The best are:
Grand Prix Legends
F1 Challenge 99-02
Nascar Racing 2003
GTR (Soon)
Colin Mcrae Rally 4
Xpand Rally (Soon)

DruSi3r said:
driving%20side.JPG

wow :eek:

CMR3/4
Moto GP2
GTR Demo
Live for Speed

Funny thing is I don't even have a wheel and pedels and i really enjoy these games. :eek:

Tazman2 said:
1. Yes
2. Only if ur a F&F nutcase who gets turned on by neons/shiny things/stickys/etc... like kids do o_O
Agreed. I turned the "shiny feature" off when I first played it... looked *much* better IMO.

'nother vote for NFS:HP2 and a vote for CMR 2, I wasn't impressed with CMR 3, the graphics were great, but I had a lot more fun playing 2... What's CMR 4 like? It's on console only right? And as a 3rd place, a toss up between Big Red Racer (I think that was it's name) and 1nsane (both older games).

Tazman2 said:
1. Yes

Don't forget the NAWWWWZZZZZZZ! It be da shiznit yo. :D

I would choose neither.

Porsche Unleashed was awesome for an arcade racing type game. GTR is a great simulation game and so is the Nascar series if you like that.

Big_H said:
I wasn't impressed with CMR 3, the graphics were great, but I had a lot more fun playing 2... What's CMR 4 like? It's on console only right? And as a 3rd place, a toss up between Big Red Racer (I think that was it's name) and 1nsane (both older games).

If you liked cmr2, you'll love cmr4 too. It's got a similar physics engine and gfx are excellent. It's out on pc and plays nicely. Only dissapointment... no arcade 4 car races like in cmr2. I liked those quick races as a stress reliever.

Also, absolutely love those older games you named. My three favourite racing games used to be Big Red, Ignition and Insane.

Yea its on pc, and for those of u without a wheel, I sometimes use my ps2 controller with an adaptor I bought at radio shack (I got two of em like 8 bucks each). It makes for great two player with full analogue controls and no noticable lag. Works with CMR4 and NFSU I also use it for Madden and Live 04 (best sports games ive ever played on any console).

GTR will be the best racing game of all time. The TrackIR support bargains for that really.

Triath said:
GT is fun if you enjoy watered down physics.

The best are:
Grand Prix Legends
F1 Challenge 99-02
Nascar Racing 2003

Plus the mods for each game. :)

the_worm said:
If you liked cmr2, you'll love cmr4 too. It's got a similar physics engine and gfx are excellent. It's out on pc and plays nicely. Only dissapointment... no arcade 4 car races like in cmr2. I liked those quick races as a stress reliever.

Also, absolutely love those older games you named. My three favourite racing games used to be Big Red, Ignition and Insane.

Sweet. I'll have to look for that next time I'm at the mall.
Thanks!

I am waiting for Rallisport Challenge 2 to hit PC. That game totally swept the floor with CMR 4 obviously. Graphics and especially the driving feeling!

Rallisport and McRae both have their ups and downs, about the same experience in the end...

Erm, this is such a broad genre...

MotoGP2
NFS: HP (and III) because they procided the most fun in the series...For me that is.
Toca 1 and 2
CMR 3 and 4
Gotham 2
MX Unleashed (just pure fun)
Most F1 games (big fan of "non-straight track" driving sims.

That's my list...

GTR Racing (Demo) is the best racing game I've ever seen/played/heard

You people that liked NFS: HP 2 are insane it was a completel piece of shit, imo.

Porsche Unleashed > *

Gran Turismo for Sim style Driving, and PGR2 ( Project Gotham Racing 2 ) for just good old fashion fun.. ;)

im gonna have to go with gran turismo 3

although nfsu was pretty fun (taking it for what it is)

prowebix said:

You people that liked NFS: HP 2 are insane it was a completel piece of shit, imo.

Porsche Unleashed > *

Quoted for truth on both parts. I love GTR (wish I had the actlabs set up) and I loooove Porsche Unleashed.

zz2 said:
have any of you guys played Burnout??
I think that first two parts were just for consoles and now is the third part coming and I want it to play too. (i saw some pictures and it looks damn good)
Does anyone know if it is coming for PC too???

here is the trailer and some pictures
http://www.eagames.com/official/burnout/burnout3/us/home.jsp

the crash mode in burnout 2 is to much fun (where it totals the amount of damage you do in $'s). not really that good of a racing game, but some modes r just to amusing.

prowebix said:

Porsche Unleashed > *

If so order TrackIR now! It´s so god damn cool it doesn´t exist and GTR will have native support for it!

And I know the racing is good but how is the graphics, damage modelling and stuff? I have the demo but not the computer to run it arrrrghhh

It's not an official public demo, it was a press demo that got leaked. Then made open to all.

The damage modeling wasnt put into the press demo but I imagine it will be nice, just like everything else in the demo.

But the graphics how where it? Now racing games is the genre where I can most easily forget bad visuals if the speed sensation and racing feeling is great but how is it is it based on the f1 99 engine or do they have their own game engine this time?

Well, the Gran Turismo games (I've only played 2 & 3 myself) are pretty damned fun, but they are pretty lite "Sims" in comparison to something like EA F1-2002/GTR.. but still pretty deep compared to NFS:Underground (which was still a blast).. I don't think I made any sense but hey.. it's late :)

oqvist said:
But the graphics how where it? Now racing games is the genre where I can most easily forget bad visuals if the speed sensation and racing feeling is great but how is it is it based on the f1 99 engine or do they have their own game engine this time?

The graphics are amazing, the sense of speed is done very well. The way the car bounces off the bumps when you're braking has to be seen to be believed, my mouth nearly hit the floor when I saw that for the first time. The whine from the transmission makes it for me, it just screams, and makes you wanna rev the car higher ;) It really is a complete package for me.

But you have to have a steering wheel or it's just not the same. My Nascar Pro Digital 2 has been hammered over the past month :D

A racing game not being suitable for a good force feedback wheel like the MOMO Force isn´t a racing game ;).

How do the car look? Special effets? textures?

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed

Underground has the fancy graphics but it has been rushed as a game, if they took another month or 2 on it they could have made it better (actual AI isntead of cars driving 30kmph faster than you and catching up on your 20 second lead on the last lap, better mutliplayer interface, a complete story instead of things just dropping off after race 60 or so...).

I need Grant Turismo 2 for my playstation though, the consoles have beaten the PC when it comes to games like that...

sorry for the bad link above

Burnout 3
trailer

this game will kick ass

but f*** it cuz it won't be for PC

DruSi3r said:
http://plaza.ufl.edu/drewez/a70/driving side.JPG

What kind of chair is that?

My vote goes for Rallisport 2 (Xbox only) and MotoGP2 for motercycle racing.

Burnout is a really crappy racing game. Maybe 3 will be different but as of now, only trying to setup a monster crash is fun.

its a drivers seat from an early 90s CRX SI. Only 25 bucks at the u-pull-it yard. Its worth every penny. Make sure u get the SI model as it was made by Recaro during those years. Is motogp2 on PC?

DruSi3r said:
Is motogp2 on PC?
Yes but is is hard to find just like the first one. I have had both for Xbox and of course it is sold everywhere.

Back