• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Q6600 Overclocking Batch Numbers

pistyll

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
38
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experiences at all with Q6600 Go Stepping batch number L750B102 I presume that this is a week number 50 (which does not bode well as most people may have had a hangover from Christmas!!! lol) I was hoping that some one may be able to give me an insight as to what to expect from overclocking this cpu as I believe you can get good weeks and bad weeks at the fabrication plants

Many Thanks
 
check the OC database here on the [H], see what weeks are getting what clocks for people.
 
Hi,
now heres a very strange thing indeed I got my P5-NE-SLI motherboard back yesterday from Asus after repair so I gleefully set about rebuilding and installing my Q6600, everything went fine booted up first time I had a delve around to make sure temps were ok etc then proceeded to TRY to overclock a little, Well this thing wont budge from 2.4Ghz at all not even the slightest fsb increase works, if I change the fsb from stock and try to re-boot nada nothing at all it appears to not want to save any deviations from 2.4Ghz at all I then have to reset and climb back in the bios to find that everything has returned to stock, is it me or have I done something wrong or is this motherboard acting the pan again I wonder?? or is this chip such a poor overclocker that it wont budge a few mhz I find that a go stepping chip that wont overclock at all very very strange I can only assume that this motherboard is behind all these shananagans because of the fact that it will not save any changes made at all or am I overlooking the blindingly obvious??
 
Hi All,
Ok
I got my new motherboard the other day a P5-KC P35 chipset motherboard and proceeded to re-build my pc.
I started to overclock and this is what I got

2.70Ghz=300fsb
mem@721 5-5-5-15 2t timings 2.1v
Vcore left on auto
super pi=19s
stable in prime 95

2.9Ghz=322fsb
mem@774 5-5-5-15 2t timings 2.1v
Vcore=1.3375v in bios 1.288v in cpuz
super pi=17s
stable in prime 95
temps 35 idle 44 load

3.0Ghz=333fsb
mem@667 5-5-5-15 2t 2.1v
vcore 1.375v in bios 1.320v in cpuz
super pi=17s
umstable in prime 95 (restarts pc)
temps 38 idle 46 load

so here is my problem I seem unable to break 3.0GHz barrier with this chip does antone have any ideas how to overcome this problem do I need more vcore? should I increase nb voltages?? do I use fsb strap?? do i need to loosen timings again on ram?? should i remove 2 sticks and see if that helps??

hope someone out thers can help I dont think my temps are of concern and I believe this cip has a bit more in reserve I just need to know how to extract that extra speed

Many Thanks
 
newegg customer said:
Pros: Very fast, runs smooth as can be with no errors at all running overnight on MemTest. 4-4-4-15. Plays well with my C2D E6400 and the rest of my system!
Cons: Had to manually set timings. Motherboard read as 5-5-5-15 @ 1.9v. Had no problems setting to 4-4-4-15 @ 2.0v though.
Other Thoughts: If you are looking to get an Asus P5N-E SLI, this ram DOES WORK with it, without an bios update! Great ram and runs wonderfully on that board! P5N-E SLI, E6400, Geforce 7900GS, all working great!
This is what I found!
 
Back
Top