Best PSU for Lian Li PC-A05B

justbsn2

Limp Gawd
I'm going from a Lian Li V1200 to a PC-A05B, I've had it for a few months and finally have the time to do the swap now, and would like some help/suggestions. I'm planning on eyefinity soon.

Shopping for a small(in length) reliable modular psu with high wattage....what do you suggest?

Brand: any
Price: up to $300.00
Wattage: 800w-1000w

Thank You :D

I would go with the CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply from Newegg, running around $140 with rebate and free shipping. I haven't had any problems with their rebate processing.

Corsair AX850. I believe it's a little shorter in length to the Corsair 850HX, it's fully modular compared to the HX which is partially modular, and 80 Plus Gold compared to the HX's 80 Plus Silver rating.

Either of the corsairs would work great, but honestly, the A05 has a surprising amount of room. I have done two builds with non-modular, one with a 750 tx and there is room to hide the cables if your not using all your bays. Its a fantastically designed case.

Either of the corsairs would work great, but honestly, the A05 has a surprising amount of room. I have done two builds with non-modular, one with a 750 tx and there is room to hide the cables if your not using all your bays. Its a fantastically designed case.

Yeah it definitely has a lot of room. My brother's build has a 650TX in it and the unused cables are bundled with velcro ties to the side of the hard drive cage. But the modular aspects do allow for an even cleaner build and who knows if the OP decides to change cases again down the line!

OK, I narrowed it down to the Corsair AX850.

Thanks a bunch for the input and suggestions...you guys ROCK!

Back