• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best program for OverClocking an HD 4850?

Hard and Confused

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
1,944
Okay, already at 700/1075 with the CCC and looking to go higher on the GPU mainly.

Is there a program that will give me control over the GPU voltage for the HD 48xx series? I tried RivaTuner but I can't get far past stock speed on the GPU as the GPU voltage doesn't budge past 1.05v but the CCC sets it to 1.16v after I let the OverCrive detect the max frequency then I max the card out from there.
 
ASUS TOP BIOS flashed to HD4850 with the Smart DR. software may be the fix. No guarantee. Seems to work well with other cards.

Be careful and good luck.
 
just letting u know the card doesnt overclock too well with out voltage mods. i did like 675 on the core stock and like 725 with volt mods.
 
Well, modified the Diamond bios to run default 3D @ 700/1090 but I can only get to 710 in RivaTuner on the GPU, at 715 it artifacts and 720 it locks up :-/

700/1090 is good enough for me I guess as I don't feel like pencil modding it out of laziness :-/
 
Last edited:
There is a voltage soft-mod using Riva-tuner. I'm not going to dig it up, but you could probably up the core voltage to 1.2-1.3v on stock cooling (depending on your noise tolerance). If you have aftermarket cooling then I wouldn't be afraid to push 1.4v and shoot for 800 mhz GPU.
 
Back
Top