• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best PPD for a 2600K

obscurity78

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
214
No more bigadv?? :confused:

I've been away since March.

What's the best config to run on an Intel 2600K system (Asus Z77 Sabertooth)

Running linux native.
 
I've gotten 43k PPD with SMP folding, 2133 cas9 ram, and 5 ghz. It really depends on your CPU and memory OC.
 
I've gotten 43k PPD with SMP folding, 2133 cas9 ram, and 5 ghz. It really depends on your CPU and memory OC.

Mainly on your CPU OC...For example my Xeon i7-2600 non-K only gets 12-15k PPD with 20 on a good day at stock speeds in SMP.
 
4.6ghz nets me about 28-30k ppd depending on the wu. that's in win7 and the 6.34 client i think.
 
Big adv still around but they increased the number or cores/threads to 12 I think before you can download a unit. People have ways around such issues if you have a fast enough 8 thread machine to make deadlines, but don't know what they are or how to do it, but I am certain somebody here does...
 
Your looking at SMP, doing big adv on it at this point will be against the spirit, and not discussed - you can research it on your own, but the general consensus of this team (AFAIK) is to not do it.

In short: BFS + Linux 6.34, run it on SMP as high as you can. I do that on my 2600k (or at least when it was running....)
 
For the amount of power it draws, and how cheap you can get the parts, +30k is darn nice for a simple "basic" rig.

Note: only in the DC section would a 2600k running well over 4Ghz be called basic.
 
At 4.8Ghz with 2133 C11 memory I was at 32-36k on v6.34 via Windows 7. With v7 I'm down to the mid 20k's.
 
4.6GHz and a Linux VM running 6.34 with a GTX260 running in Windows, the 2600K is getting around 33K. If I stop the 260, I can get to around 35K. For points per watt, the 2600K is outstanding.
 
I'm guessing 33K......

My 2600K @ 4.5 in 12.04 gets 36K... my 2600K @4.3 Win7 with linuxVM gets 30Kish... and native linux is about 10% better than VM linux (my best guess)
 
wow the A4 core is quite a bit different. You guys seeing better ppd out of these smaller units? It's looking like about 32 seconds a frame on 8014 on my 2600k in win7 right now.
 
I dunno.... my kill-o-watt melted along with the power strip when that PSU let go. I really have to get another one.
 
I dunno.... my kill-o-watt melted along with the power strip when that PSU let go. I really have to get another one.

Kill-a-Watts aren't very accurate anyway. You get two and plug the same device at the same load into the same outlet...and you can get vastly different numbers.
 
While they are not very accurate, they do give you a decent idea versus looking at your electric bill and trying to figure it out from there...
 
Looks like I'm averaging about 12-15k this first week.

Had to stick with stock clocks as I'm using the stock CPU heatsink... which is a POS. Maybe I can get my boss to order a better heatsink and try again.

Unfortunately this is my work PC and I do use it throughout the day so it's not going to be 100% dedicated to folding but I do what I can! :D
 
IMO, it would be worth your while to replace the stock cooler with a refurbished Cooler Master 212+ EVO for like $20.
 
Running Windows7 64bit v7 of FAH 4.8Ghz 2133 10-10-10 ram at 2250 with a GTX580 will net you 50K+ PPD :D
 
Beats me I do not strip anything down, If I did that they would call me the streak :eek:
 
Whippersnappers may not understand that quote..... :p

Look-at-dat, look-at-dat!

speak for yourself old fart:

He likes to show off his physique
Look at that, look at that
If there's an audience to be found
He'll be streakin' around
Invitin' public critique
 
Yep that be him. I remember the days well. I used to be faster in those day though :D
 
Back
Top