Best powered USB 2.0 hub?

sed8em

2[H]4U
I need a USB hub that I can plug my iPhone into to charge, my Logitech G15 keyboard, mx518 mouse, and an external USB 2.0 backup hard drive all at the same time and not get issues with bandwidth.
I currently have an el cheapo $10 powered USB 2.0 hub from Newegg that sucks, can only have the keyboard, mouse, and iPhone in it with things working properly.

What is an excellent USB 2.0 hub that will be reliable that I can plug all 4 things into my XPS 15 laptop all at the same time?

Stay away from Belkin. Overpriced and they do weird stuff on their power levels.

Really any USB hub should be fine for that load. Your mouse and keyboard are low bandwidth devices as is the iPhone just charging.

Funny, I was about to recommend a Belkin... :D

I've got a Belkin 7 port USB 2.0 hub that I've had for 4 years now, still works, never had an issue with it at all. Guess I'm just the odd-man-out I suppose.

It's not like USB hubs are all that different in the long run, they all do the same things (given that some might have higher or lower powered adapters). The 7 ports of this Belkin should use the "standard" 500mA per port = 3.5 Amps which is what the included AC adapter provides, and I've checked it at least twice over the time I've owned it; still shows a solid 3.45-3.55 Amps on a multimeter so it's good to go.

I got this one 'cause it has the two "top" mounted ones that I use for USB sticks, quick disconnect items and leave the 5 rear ports for more static connections (printer, external optical, charging/sync cord for a cell phone, etc). This is the one I have:

belkinusbhubv.jpg

Link for info is:

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=158910#

Can be found for under $30 if you really look around.

Back