Best possible gaming laptop for under $600

V3|!UM

Limp Gawd
Like the title says, i need something to play league of legends. Would be awesome if I could play BF3 on low as well. My budget right now is $600 as i will probably get a dedicated gaming lappy in around 6 months.

Look for coupons and any sort of discount on the Alienware M11x.

With that being said, if your going to get a dedicated gaming laptop in 6 months. $600 will go along way towards a notebook if your going be spending $1500+ on another laptop in 6 months.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the lower end Y570, its not a bad machine. I got a refurb for $650, which has the i5 2.4Hz and 4GB RAM (but amazingly a Blu-Ray drive). Otherwise I think its the same. Well I can play Crysis 2 and get around 35FPS, which is at least playable. Older games like HL2 or L4D get well over 120FPS. Judging from the specs I should be able to play BF3 with all low settings. If I had more money to spend, I would have liked to get something with a little more headroom, but I just got a killer deal so I went with it. I like it though.

So i revisited my budget to 1k. I figured I would upgrade my desktop down the road. That said, what do you guys think the best 1k laptop would be? I want it to be in the 15.6" range for portability.

I am currently leaning towards the lenovo ideapad y570, do you guys have any better options?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NHPMBC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That y570 has 96sp even though it says GT555m. It's more like a 9600gso desktop card. Try to find a card with 560m or 460m and you will be in line with 5770 desktop card.

I played bf3 with my laptop. Terrible performance. Everything on low and it barely gets by. About 35fps average..

My lappy has a i7-2630QM with 6770m... 480SP.....

Last edited:
Yes @ 1600x900 resolution in multiplayer. In single player I can play maybe medium. Remember the 6770m is more like desktop 5670 level of performance. It has 8 rop 480sp 128bit memory using gddr5.

If you get a 460m, 560m, or 6850m you will be able to play maybe medium settings is what I'm thinking.

Last edited:
So i revisited my budget to 1k. I figured I would upgrade my desktop down the road. That said, what do you guys think the best 1k laptop would be? I want it to be in the 15.6" range for portability.

I am currently leaning towards the lenovo ideapad y570, do you guys have any better options?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...htmllink-20&producttid_electronics-B005NHPMBC

I'd say that's one badass laptop for the money.

the ideapad's & thinkpad's and such are some of the most popular and well-built computers in the techy industry. I see a lot of people with them at the Atlanta airport too, so they seem pretty popular to me.

I got the Envy 14 last year, its okay at gaming. It heats up a little and fan is loud when gaming, but it looks amazing, is durable and portable. I played BF3 on high-medium on single player with no problems. I got it under 1k last year with coupons.

thx guys, I ended up adding some cashola and got an ASUS G53SW-XN1.

Should be here by Friday, YAY!

Back