Best place to buy Microsoft Office?

darkhunter139

Supreme [H]ardness
I have Vista premium 64 bit - oem

Where can I get microsoft office the cheapest? And do I need a special version for 64 bit windows? Lol I know its probably a stupid question.

Whats the differnce between the OEM version and the regular one? Just that you can put the regular one on 3 PCs?

OEM or Retail, you cant install on multiple systems, unless office is diff?

OEM, once installed, it is technically, by microsoft EULA, locked to that computer, forever, your can not uninstall it and move it to another system.

The thing that is killing me is I start college next fall but I need to write a few papers for school so I kind of need it now. I wish I could just wait.

If you have 4 hours to spare, and theres an event in your area coming up THIS is the cheapest way to get MS Office. on the map the blue circles represent MS events and they are giving away Office. I dont know if the ones that are partner sponsored (the orange squares) are providing office or not

Correction: Office Home and Student permits 3 installations.

Correct. 3 machines for Home and Student. It's Outlook 2007, which isn't included with that version of office, that allows one desktop and one laptop.

Personally, I've been recommending Home and Student to friends. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote is usually enough for most people.

The price is reasonable too. $109 through New Egg.

The thing that is killing me is I start college next fall but I need to write a few papers for school so I kind of need it now. I wish I could just wait.

then use open office, or wordpad? do you need something specific about office to do it?

Use openoffice or google docs. Then when you are matriculated into your Uni check out the student bookstore for academic versions of office. That is the cheapest way.

Back