Best place to buy a monitor? Newegg deal pixel policy?

Camaroz06

Gawd
Hello all,
Quick question, where is the best place to purchase a monitor online? I never knew about the Newegg dead pixel policy until today and that could be a turn off for me. I would go mad if I were processing a picture and saw 7 dead pixels clumped together while reviewing a white part of the photo...I know it sounds like a long shot of that happening but you never know. I like Newegg's monitor selection and prices but I don't know how I feel about their pixel policy. Anyone have any experience with it? or experience with other online stores.

Thanks,
Eddie

Some say the best are B&M stores because you can return it. Most online retailers have good policies but you have to make sure and read carefully.

I believe Newegg has an 8-dead-pixel-policy which is not the best.

Some say the best are B&M stores because you can return it. Most online retailers have good policies but you have to make sure and read carefully.

I believe Newegg has an 8-dead-pixel-policy which is not the best.

I was all set to buy an LCD from the Egg until I inquired about their dead pixel return policy.

7 pixels would definitely be too many for me... :(

I was all set to buy an LCD from the Egg until I inquired about their dead pixel return policy.

7 pixels would definitely be too many for me... :(

Indeed. I think 8 is much too high of a number for any policy. You should also check what individual manufacturers have as their policies.

NCIX[usa] offers a no-dead-pixel guarantee for $10-15 usually. If you receive a display with even one dead pixel, you can return it for replacement. The catch is that (if I read correctly) you have to basically purchase the monitor again and they'll credit you once they receive the defective one. You do this until you're happy.

NCIX[usa] offers a no-dead-pixel guarantee for $10-15 usually. If you receive a display with even one dead pixel, you can return it for replacement. The catch is that (if I read correctly) you have to basically purchase the monitor again and they'll credit you once they receive the defective one. You do this until you're happy.

Do they specify between "dead pixels" and "stuck sub-pixels" or bright/dark sub-pixel defects.

I don't quite remember the stipulations, but it's a guarantee so they probably won't ask questions.

Newegg will do that as well.

Newegg will do that as well.

REALLY?? I coulda saved a TON on my 305T if I would have known this. I bought from Amazon and payed about $150 more to get their return policy.

Where do you "select" that option on NewEgg? (pondering another 305T)

REALLY?? I coulda saved a TON on my 305T if I would have known this. I bought from Amazon and payed about $150 more to get their return policy.

You have to ask them on the live chat.

Amazon has one of the best return policies in the industry.

Make sure you buy from them and not one of their merchants.

costco prob has the best return policy out of all. any defects, any time. full refund

Costco now had 90 days no question return policy. Too many people were abusing their return policy so Costco changed it last year.:(

For those products marked as '30 Day Standard Return', Provantage looks reasonable. Note: I've never tried them, but may pull the trigger on an HP L2475 in the next couple weeks.

Standard 30 Days Return

Products marked "Standard 30 Days" may be returned for a refund as long as the invoice date is not over 30 days, and the original package contents are complete and contained in the original manufacturer's packaging.

You have to ask them on the live chat.

concerning a newegg.com no dead pixel option: this is just not true. tried and failed. the chat rep (darlene) i spoke to knew nothing of this.

Darlene has joined this session!
2:39:44 PM SystemSystem
Connected with Darlene
2:39:45 PM SystemSystem
Hello my name is Darlene. How may I help you today?
2:40:02 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
hi. i have a question about your dead pixel policy
2:40:05 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033590912&postcount=9
2:40:34 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
at that forum someone mentioned that you will do a no dead pixel guarantee
2:40:36 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
is this true?
2:41:01 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
full thread here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1384686&highlight=305t
2:41:35 PM AgentDarlene
That is not correct. There must be a minimum of 8 dead pixels to declare an LCD display defective and eligible for return. This information is provided to you on our web site and on the product's page.
2:41:52 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
i read that
2:42:26 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
i also read this thread. so this guy is full of it? quote: " Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post

You have to ask them on the live chat."
2:43:06 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
also, over 8 dead pixels is a bit much isnt it?
2:43:50 PM AgentDarlene
I do apologize, but to issue an RMA for a replacement for a monitor with dead pixels, there must be at least 8 or more.
2:44:14 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
how is it proven?
2:44:30 PM CustomerXXXXXXXXXXXXX
do you send them right back to the customer if you recieve it and only find 1?
2:44:40 PM AgentDarlene
The return policy is stated on the product's page.
2:45:01 PM AgentDarlene
If the RMA department determine there is less then 8 dead pixels, they do not approve the return and they return the item back to the customer.

the newegg policy of 8 dead pixels is alot of dead pixels to tolerate... anyone take a chance with newegg on buying a Samsung 305T?

concerning a newegg.com no dead pixel option: this is just not true. tried and failed. the chat rep (darlene) i spoke to knew nothing of this.

the newegg policy of 8 dead pixels is alot of dead pixels to tolerate... anyone take a chance with newegg on buying a Samsung 305T?
So I'm full of it huh? I never said anything about Newegg having a dead pixel guarantee, although I should've been more clear about what I meant when I said "Newegg will do that as well." They made me a deal that if I returned the monitor I had (made a buzzing sound) and bought a different monitor for the same price or more, they would give me a refund for the original monitor. That was their compromise from a full refund.

You haven't even ordered anything from Newegg yet, so there's no reason for them to make such a deal with you. And you're going about it wrong by asking them directly for an RMA based on dead pixels. You don't even have to list a reason in the RMA form submission other than the item being "Defective/Failure" to receive automatic approval for an RMA replacement.

Costco now had 90 days no question return policy. Too many people were abusing their return policy so Costco changed it last year.:(

Yes that is still better than many other policies. Also if there is a dead pixel you can take it back and get another one. Or if you just happen to not like it you can take it back. No BS and no restocking fee.

NCIX so far is win. My benq g2400wd has 1 dead pixel center right. So I have to contact ncix, they will charge and ship me another brand new one, then I ship the old back and they credit the cost back. Shipping paid both ways, very nice for 15 extra bucks. The point is you get to cross ship, so you don't have to sit on your 17" crt or whatever for weeks between shipping cycles. New one comes, old one goes back, always have perty display.

I recommend them. Just beware they ship the monitor in just the factory box, so pay for insurance in case it gets crushed in transit. I really wish they didnt do that but o well.

I would only buy a new LCD from newegg if the manufacturer had a zero dead pixel policy for exchange. I almost always wait for sales and buy them local because I am super anal about dead pix. NCIX so far is the only online retailer who offers that kind of exchange policy, that I know of.

I used to use tigerdirect for crt's.

BTW next time you talk to a newegg rep, skip the forum links and "is this guy full of crap" and just ask if they have that lcd insurance option lol.

If you do go with NCIX their policy gets my nod.
As mentioned above if you pay for the Dead Pixel Policy ($10-$15) even a single pixel, dead / stuck anything. Ship it back (at their expence) and receive a brand new one shipped right away (at their expense again)
HOWEVER.... You can exchange monitors up to a MAXIMUM of 3 times!

Hoping it doesnt take a full 3 to get a good monitor....if thats the case, i would recommend changing manufacturers:p

If you do go with NCIX their policy gets my nod.
As mentioned above if you pay for the Dead Pixel Policy ($10-$15) even a single pixel, dead / stuck anything. Ship it back (at their expence) and receive a brand new one shipped right away (at their expense again)
HOWEVER.... You can exchange monitors up to a MAXIMUM of 3 times!

Hoping it doesnt take a full 3 to get a good monitor....if thats the case, i would recommend changing manufacturers:p
Main reason I like the cross ship thing even if I do get charged twice for a few days; I do not have to worry about getting stuck with one worse than the single dead pix of the original. I can clone the 2 Ill have and return whichever is in worse shape and pray the third is pristine.
At best buy I was afraid to exchange my T220 for another, because all that was wrong was annoying backlight bleed and I might get stuck with dead pixels on the next one.
It is not that unusual to hit 2 in a row with a dead pixel.

Main reason I like the cross ship thing even if I do get charged twice for a few days; I do not have to worry about getting stuck with one worse than the single dead pix of the original, I will send them that one back and wait on the third.
At best buy I was afraid to exchange my T220 for another, because all that was wrong was annoying backlight bleed and I might get stuck with dead pixels on the next one.
You could do the same thing with the T220 (buy another & return 1). Or if LCD mfr.'s would implement some quality control (pixels, bleed) and eliminate the crapshoot, we wouldn't have to..

You could do the same thing with the T220 (buy another & return 1). Or if LCD mfr.'s would implement some quality control (pixels, bleed) and eliminate the crapshoot, we wouldn't have to..

Unfortunately any purchases from best buy you try to return over 250 dollars, they make you wait for a check in the mail. Before I knew this I bought an LG L227 to test against the T220, then when I went to return the LG the next day, I had to wait 2 weeks to get a check back. That was all my money at the time haha.
I don't use a bank account right now since my savings are in precious metals so, cash in store = wait for a check. Im still waiting for the check from the T220 return almost 2 weeks ago.
My boss lets me charge online purchases to his card and I give him cash.

I like NCIXUSes policy, I ordered my 2443BW-HAS from them, paid shipping, RMA insurance and dead-pixel guarantee, all came out $335, fucking awesome deal if you ask me.

So i went to one of my local Costco's a few days ago and i asked about their return policies on monitors and I was told the following: The 90-day return policy only applies to computer systems and TVs. What this means is that lcd monitors are still covered by their "old" return policy, not the 90-day return policy since they are not TVs or whole computer systems. I went and returned a monitor i bought from BB two weeks ago so that I can buy one from Costco instead. I was getting a bit worried about some of the things it was doing so I decided to go with a samsung one from Costco. Now i'm just waiting for BB to debit the money back into my bank account so i can go buy the monitor from Costco :p

Monitors are the one thing that i won't buy online. Even though i have spare monitors, it's highly annoying having to ship something back to the e-tailer if the monitor goes kaboom. With Costco, if something goes wrong with the monitor between now and the next two years, i can just go in and return it and get it replaced. No having to deal with RMAs, shipping back and forth between you and the e-tailer, or any other silly business :p So i would definitely say go B&M if you can, if you don't mind waiting on 1 to 2 week turn-around periods to get a replacement monitor then go with an e-tailer.

For those products marked as '30 Day Standard Return', Provantage looks reasonable
Standard 30 Days Return

Products marked "Standard 30 Days" may be returned for a refund as long as the invoice date is not over 30 days, and the original package contents are complete and contained in the original manufacturer's packaging.

My first G24 had a stuck pixel, called them up and had a replacement on it's way the same day.

Unfortunately any purchases from best buy you try to return over 250 dollars, they make you wait for a check in the mail. Before I knew this I bought an LG L227 to test against the T220, then when I went to return the LG the next day, I had to wait 2 weeks to get a check back. That was all my money at the time haha.
I don't use a bank account right now since my savings are in precious metals so, cash in store = wait for a check. Im still waiting for the check from the T220 return almost 2 weeks ago.
My boss lets me charge online purchases to his card and I give him cash.

Yeah...must be a cash thing. :)

I returned a TV there a few months ago. They weren't excited to get it back, but it was a fairly painless transaction. A few years ago, I bought a monitor from there. They lowered the price soon after and gave me a partial refund at a subsequent visit. I much prefer to buy something like a monitor in person to facilitate an easy return, given all of the issues these things have these days, but a challenge locally can certainly be lack of selection...

Back