Best place to buy a G2400WD from?

lilman

n00b
Hi guys,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a BenQ G2400WD, but I was wondering where would be the best place to purchase it from? Here are my choices and concerns so far:

Buy.com: I've bought with them before. Price is $380 with free shipping. Does anyone know their monitor return policy? The return policy is a real concern for me considering that I've never seen this monitor in person before, and I kind of fear monitor purchases since my troubles with the fhd2400.

Newegg.com: I've bought extensively with them before. $400 with free 3 day shipping, but I've heard it is very difficult to return monitors to them. Anyone have any experience?

BenQ.com: I've never bought from them before. $360 after 10% coupon, but at least another $30 for shipping. I've heard you can pay extra for better packaging, anyone heard of this? I've also heard some rumors they are slow to ship out purchases, but that they are very good for returns. You can possibly even return if only one dead pixel?

So does anyone have any advice for me?

I recommend BenQ.com
I got my FP241W from BenQ. To my understanding and previous experience (I got my FP241W there and I called BenQ before I made the purchase), they are very good at taking care of customer. I am pretty sure that you can't pay extra for better packaging. Packaging is standard. They have 1 month no question asked return policy (but you need to pay the freight though) and tech support to answer any product questions. It took about 3-4 business days for me to receive the product. I think it's not too bad based on my other online retailer experiences.

Neweggs dead pixel policy sucks. I would never order from them due to it. It's stated on their website.

I have been emailing buy.com about their dead pixel policy. At first I was sent a binder cut and copy of their return policy, which doesn't clarify at all. I'm still waiting to hear back. They aren't exactly a company I'm wanting to buy from since their emails are all cut and copy responses, I don't like that as I never actually get my inquiry answered that way. If I do have a problem, are they going to be helpful? I'm doubtful at this point. :confused:

If BenQ would allow a return with 1 dead pixel then go for it. I would not mind paying shipping knowing how much tax I'd pay locally. I'd be interested in knowing their policy since I am considering their 600$ non-tn monitor.

You can call BenQ directly to find out. Here is the number if you need 949-255-9469

Back