Best place to buy a battery for the Dell Inspiron 600m?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Best place to buy a battery for the Dell Inspiron 600m?

NewEgg? eBay? Dell.com?

Thanks!

Yeah, I sorta figured FleaBay would be the way to go. They're all similarly priced... $45 for the battery with $15 shipping. I guess $60 isn't that much to spend, but at the same time... it's an OEM and I know it won't last as long as one that I would purchase directly from Dell.

Thanks for the reply, though!

do you need a new battery for the cd port or for the actual battery? i found that getting the cd port one is a better deal, its cheaper and it lasts much longer. or, if you have the time and money, buy a new 600m and say you got a dead battery and replace it with your dead one, tehehe, that'll teach dell to make a great looking laptop but sell it for 2,300.

Moddest Mouse said:
do you need a new battery for the cd port or for the actual battery? i found that getting the cd port one is a better deal, its cheaper and it lasts much longer. or, if you have the time and money, buy a new 600m and say you got a dead battery and replace it with your dead one, tehehe, that'll teach dell to make a great looking laptop but sell it for 2,300.
yeah or even better, go to the dell factory and steal a bunch of laptops!

and then, we'll go to walmart and buy televisions, then take them out of the boxes, fill the boxes with bricks, and return the the bricks to get our money back!

yeah!

:rolleyes:

*pulls a colbert* exactly, thats what makes America so great.

but seriously, im upgrading my 600m so if you're looking to buy... i got cd port battery and main

check to see if your battery was listed in the recall. I needed a new battery for my 600m and noticed that my old one was covered in the recall. dell sent me a brand new one for free.

eBay should have a bunch of auctions with the genuine new Dell batteries. OEM is actually what you're looking for, since OEM means original equipment manufacturer. It's those third-party or remanufactured batteries that you should be wary about. I've bought two main and two modular bay batteries from the 600m/D6x0 models, brand new Dell ones each for around $40-50US shipped to Canada.

Back