Best place for Battlefield 3 pre-order

Nomad

2[H]4U
I am kind of pissed that Steam is out. I prefer them for all digital games.... I might just buy the disc, but I thought I would check and see what other services you guys prefer for digital delivery....

Why pre-order it? Its a digital download... You'll get it the same time everyone else does. *does not understand digital downloads in this day and age*

Why pre-order it? Its a digital download... You'll get it the same time everyone else does. *does not understand digital downloads in this day and age*

Eh unless I missed something, pre-ordering gets you the first expansion pack/DLC free or something.

If that's true then nevermind, but this isn't the only game i see this phenomenon with.

Digital preorders get the first expansion/DLC (Back to Karkand) for free and 10% off, so this is an incentive to preorder.

D2D was the best place to preorder before, they had coupons knocking a further 10-25% off the price, and a referral system that could take off 15%. You could wait to see some of these come back. Everywhere else as far as I know has the standard discounts.

Gamersgate gives you store credit though for every purchase.

D2D was the best place to preorder before, they had coupons knocking a further 10-25% off the price, and a referral system that could take off 15%. You could wait to see some of these come back. Everywhere else as far as I know has the standard discounts.

Man how'd I miss that. I haven't pre-ordered yet cause I haven't seen much of a bargain yet. That would have been killer.

Pre-order from EA and they will charge you the full cost of the game instead of the pre-order $5 cost. Just a heads up.

Talk to EA support and see if they can give you 20% off coupon. That's what I got.

I was going to pre-order from Steam until that was ruled out. If it's not on Steam, I'd prefer the disc copy, and I definitely want to pre-order so that I don't need to shell out for Back to Karkand. I opted to cash in credit card bonus points for an Amazon gift card and will pre-order the physical copy closer to release through them unless a Steam pre-order gets added late in the game.

I got Bad Company 2 for dirt cheap on disc shortly after release and haven't really missed Steam since it didn't integrate with Steams friends list. I just added the launcher to Steam and it's pretty much the same experience.

I don't mind adding disc installed .exe's to Steam, but I'm not keen on adding another digital service. I don't know why, but I never really trusted digital and only gut lulled into Steam by the insane deals. I used to always get a physical copy.

Did I miss something here? So EA took all their games off Steam?

Did I miss something here? So EA took all their games off Steam?

No, it's the other way around.

Any retailer can sell our games, but we take direct responsibility for providing patches, updates, additional content and other services for the individuals and communities that play our games. These players are connecting to our servers, so we want to provide them with the very best service. This works well for our partnership with Gamestop, Amazon and other online retailers.

However, when a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services – it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7372195.page

I am pretty sure when EA decided to launch their own DD they were the ones that decided to take the games off steam. The PR department can spin it any way they want, but what reason other that not having it available would anyone that likes steam not purchase it from valve? If I am wrong then we should see ME3 for pre-order on steam soon just like you can already on origin. Personally I don't care, I have both installed.

I am kind of pissed that Steam is out. I prefer them for all digital games.... I might just buy the disc, but I thought I would check and see what other services you guys prefer for digital delivery....

Amazon. I always get a $10 pre-order bonus and it can stack up. So the next game you purchase, you can get $10 off. I still haven't fully convered to digital yet. I still buy retail. If steam dies I am totally fucked with my indie games I got from steam.

i just got it on origin today no issue getting it there for me, i dont mind ea's download service.

also pre orderd the SWTOR Digital Deluxe version on there.

I will wait until the last possible fucking second believing the entire time that it will show on steam a mere week before release.

I pre-ordered it on Amazon, activated the pre-order key, and now my origin account already shows I have the game.

I will wait until the last possible fucking second believing the entire time that it will show on steam a mere week before release.

Yep, although I don't believe it will be available a week before release. A couple of days before release date if we're lucky, otherwise on release day or even a week or two later. I don't mind waiting though, so I'm not going to pre-order, especially when there are so many other games coming out around that time. If it doesn't show up on Steam by mid November or so, then I'll just get a cheap retail copy.

This is most likely what will happen. EA may just want dibs on pre-order cash. EA knows Steam = sales. Whether they like Steam or not.

Im doing my pre-order from amazon.com, plus as stated earlier, with $10 for next purchase, so kinda makes it ez for me.

This is most likely what will happen. EA may just want dibs on pre-order cash. EA knows Steam = sales. Whether they like Steam or not.

Though if they plan to make a stand against Steam, BF3 is gonna be the game to do it with.

I don't think it is day 1 DLC, but rather, "order this now, and you'll get the first planned DLC free when it is available"
That's what I gathered from everything I've read so far.

Got my pre-order in at D2D when they were running the 20% off deals. Can't wait.

Wrong, pre ordering BF3 gets you the first paid DLC (BF2 maps etc..) for free.

Don't preorder. Fight this retarded preorder bonus scam tactic. Buy the game at thanksgiving sale and probably get it and the "add on" (probably cut out from the full game) for less than the preorder cost. I got BC2 for $7 around 6 months later and it worked fine.. Why pay retail??

I think a lot of the lack of steam stuff from EA is them trying to promote their own system. I was burned bad enough by the EA download manager that I was never able to play the game that I purchased off of it and it is a once bitten twice shy issue for me. Steam stunk at the the beginning but except for some issues playing offline I have always been able to at least install and play my games. I also LIKE how steam doesn't contact me about patches or new content. Steam has the side benefit for me of hosting a good deal of other games and having a nice interface with which to talk to my friends while gaming.

I think I'll pick up a physical copy of BF3 once it is released.

Pre-order from EA and they will charge you the full cost of the game instead of the pre-order $5 cost. Just a heads up.

No. They do a temporary hold for the amount then release the hold and charge you when the game is delivered.

I pre-ordered Crysis 2 and 2 copies of Battlefield 3 and that is how I was charged.

No. They do a temporary hold for the amount then release the hold and charge you when the game is delivered.

I pre-ordered Crysis 2 and 2 copies of Battlefield 3 and that is how I was charged.

Origin did infact charge me the full price for BF3, which doesnt bother me since i was spending that on it any way.

but for SWTOR they didnt charge me anything to preorder. not even the $5 it said they would..

Origin did infact charge me the full price for BF3, which doesnt bother me since i was spending that on it any way.

but for SWTOR they didnt charge me anything to preorder. not even the $5 it said they would..

When did you pre-order? I did my original order in April then had to cancel that order and do a re-order since I canceled the debit card I was using. they can't change the payment method which is why I had to cancel and re-order, which I did a few weeks ago.

Check your accounts and you should see that the charge is gone.

Back