Best place for bargain bins?

Swishbish33

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to pick up some older games for cheap to pass some free time that I have.

What is a good place to look for bargain bins or for used games, either B&M or online?

Thanks all.

I would just check ebay.
Most B+M stores have unrealistic prices on older games.

BB has sporadic insane deals, i picked up a couple GBA games for $1.99 the other day. Wal*Mart is also a favorite, they just seem to randomly drop prices even on good games, as long as they're not selling well at THAT peticular store. Staples also I used to find cheap PC games, but with them like they were marked 10$ and actually rang up at $2.50-$5 (had this happen a couple times!) I'd stay away from gamestop/EB etc even used shit there is pretty expensive. Gogamer.com I guess also but there selection isn't that huge. One more thing , the KB Toy Works near me always has insane low prices on old PC games, it's like the store is constantly trying to decide whether theyre goinng out of business or not, dunno if theres any near you like that.

My KB toys had good deals too, but they did eventually fold :(
I have found good deals at Target, old stuff for 5 bucks. Look for the red sitckers, as they don't change the price tag on the shelves.

There are a few places I've found to have good deals. Amazon has good deals on all games new and old. Gamestop has some good bargain bin deals for used console games. EB is getting rid of their used PC games so if there is an EB by you that isn't out already they will have huge blowout on all of their used PC games until they are gone. EB is getting rid of most of their PC stuff besides the newest most popular games. Everything else at EB is the same as gamestop price wise because Gamestop owns it. Bestbuy has some ok deals sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm rather poor, so I can't drop $50 on a game. Even $30 is hard to swallow for something like a video game. I usually try to wait for months after release for the price to come down, and try to wait out my purchase until it's $20 or less.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks guys!

It's funny, I came in this thread thinking "hmm bargain bins in Oblivion?". What a letdown :D .

I've found a few decent games in the bargain bin at Micro Center. There are two in CA, in Tustin and Santa Clara. Just make sure that the game (PC is what I'm talking about) isn't one of those "limited" versions that is only part of a game - they seem to have a few of those - and you can't tell easily by the packaging. I think they are the SmartSaver versions, at least the version of Extreme Air Racing I got for about $5 was a SmartSaver, and it is only part of the game.

I also got Nerf Arena Blast for $2 there a few years ago. My sister's kids like the game. Think original UT using Nerf guns and you'll get the idea. It's actually pretty fun for a quick gaming fix.

Tim

Back