• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best PCI-e Card for $100?

Rhetoric

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
320
Hey guys, I'm building a system for a buddy and wanted to know what you thought was the best card for $100. ZZF has either the eVGA 6600 Vanilla or the Asus X700, both 128mb versions. Building on a strict budget, so I'd really like to get one of the two listed, but if you have a better deal, please tell.

P.S.-I'd rather order off ZZF because Newegg charges tax to my state...and tax=less profit for me. :p Thanks in advance.
 
Rhetoric said:
Hey guys, I'm building a system for a buddy and wanted to know what you thought was the best card for $100. ZZF has either the eVGA 6600 Vanilla or the Asus X700, both 128mb versions. Building on a strict budget, so I'd really like to get one of the two listed, but if you have a better deal, please tell.

P.S.-I'd rather order off ZZF because Newegg charges tax to my state...and tax=less profit for me. :p Thanks in advance.
i believe the 6600 vanilla is alittle faster
 
I would go with the 6600 out of those two. I dont think your going to find anything better for only $100. There just isn't much to offer at that price.
 
Thanks for the quick responses. My brother also referred me to the 6600, though more suggestions would be appreciated. :)
 
I thought I saw some of the latest ATI were only Directx 9b compatible while the Nvidias were Directx 9c compatible.
 
^^ Some ? Not a single ATI card supports Dx 9.0c feature till now. Again Nv4x performance with Sm 3.0 is debatable...
 
Back
Top