Best PC Steering Wheel setup?

I really like my Momo...when my buddy tried it, he had to have one. Ymmv...

Yup MOMO Force. Momo Racing is only half as good and the MOMO Force isn´t produced any more. But if you get one hang on for it like your life depending on it it´s so god damn awesome :D

I sometimes spot Logitech Momo Forces on eBay. Get one.

What racing games you guys using wheels for? NFSU2?

This is for my nephew, so I don't know what games. Probably Nascar or something.

Easy new games Flat Out. If he is a simhead GTR but I guess that is only released in Germany at the moment.

Microsoft Side Winder Force Feedback, if you can find one. I am a big NASCAR Racing 2003 Season player and its the only wheel I'll use for it.

i once tried a logitech driving force pro on the pc and it seemed to work very well. easily the best wheel i've used.

Nihilanth99 said:
i once tried a logitech driving force pro on the pc and it seemed to work very well. easily the best wheel i've used.

thats what i have at home, its for the ps2 and works great with gt3.
ive played nfsu2 with it and while its still great, i cant get it to work perfect, shifter doesnt work and i dont get force feedback. dont know if i have to get drivers for it or anything, never really checked into it... but ya... it is one hella sweet wheel.

bealzz said:
thats what i have at home, its for the ps2 and works great with gt3.
ive played nfsu2 with it and while its still great, i cant get it to work perfect, shifter doesnt work and i dont get force feedback. dont know if i have to get drivers for it or anything, never really checked into it... but ya... it is one hella sweet wheel.
If you are using PS2 you don't need drivers. So I guess you have a PC. The Wingman site has drivers available. I know a way to get 900 degrees on all games if anyone is interested....

Logitech MOMO force is easily the best average PC wheel on the market. Some opf the top teir wheel set-ups can get into the $1000 range.

DRIVING FORCE PRO

(with an ACT labs H-shifter if you can get your mits on one or make your own)

Something I'd like to do to my DFP is build an actual place for it that reflects a car seat. And I mean for free. I have enough junk to make it, but no actual plan.

And something else, can I take my shifter out, get a cord and connect it to right beside the place I'm sitting?

Kadarom Douhrek said:
No, that's a MOMO Racing Force.
You want a MOMO Force.

Force has paddle shifters, the 6 programmable buttons are multi-colored and the bottom two are closer than the top two.
Among other differences.

The MOMO Racing Force also has paddle shifters as well as a Stick shift. What other differences are their?

I've always thought the MOMO Force as the same exact wheel but with some what higher quality materials (metal on the bottom base and leather on the wheel).

Are the mechanics truly different?

do What Yoshi did on the Screen Savers... his racing simulator was badass.

for the steering wheel? get the momo. best wheel ever.

The MOMO Racing force is still a good wheel, i bought one refurbed a few months ago, the
thing was brand new.. which i guess supports the fact that you either love it or hate it. :)
It started to have some pedal calibration issues after break in, but other users experienced
this as well and logitech wingman beta team threw together a new driver.

Here are some hardcore Expensive ass pro wheels. http://www.thomas-superwheel.com/prods.html

is there such a thing as a wheel that works with both pc and ps2? even if it needs a separate adapter kind of like how some people manage to get ps2 gamepads working on pc's. i'm kinda looking for a wheel but would like something i can use for both nfsu2 on pc and GT3/4 on ps2. i don’t play that many racing games on either platform so i don’t want to buy 2 wheels i'll barely use but if i could use one on both it would make it a lot more worthwhile

Woah, I wanna turn my computer into a gaming arcade cabinet.

I wanna play Initial D on my computer, that'd be sick. But then I wouldn't have a card reader. :(

Lint said:
is there such a thing as a wheel that works with both pc and ps2? even if it needs a separate adapter kind of like how some people manage to get ps2 gamepads working on pc's. i'm kinda looking for a wheel but would like something i can use for both nfsu2 on pc and GT3/4 on ps2. i don’t play that many racing games on either platform so i don’t want to buy 2 wheels i'll barely use but if i could use one on both it would make it a lot more worthwhile
I think the Logitech Driving force pro is good. Works for both.
It's just two buttons activated by the shifter moving back and fourth, so yes.
How much would it cost?

Willy said:
I think the Logitech Driving force pro is good. Works for both.

Looks like a nice wheel but i had a look on logitech's website and i didn't see any mention of it working on pc, does it need a 3rd party adapter to do so?

EDIT: nevermind, did a little search on google and found the answer , looks like its a awsome wheel , a little on the expensive side but since it works on both its not a big deal. Store near where i live has one in stock so i'll give it a try tonight, thanks for the suggestion i spent a while looking for something like this , you would think they would mention the compatibility on their website, odd.

I've got the WingMan Formula Force (red). Had it for years. It's accepted all the abusive I've given it and still works like new (Need for Speed III, NFS Porche Unleashed and a few others).

Back